Do you want zombies spawning?

jimmy5322hk

Do you want the map has new zombies spawning?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the map has new zombies spawning?

• No.
    • Yes, but I want to keep the respawn minimal.
    • Yes, respawn to keep the game tense.
    • Yes, (other reasons).

yeah i like the "Take back the town" idea. If the city had 4k people, when you kill that many zombies they should all be dead.
It could have course be an option, but they should never respawn near your safe house. I've had a lot of work clearing around my house. but I killed them all in a radius so big that not even the helicopter brings them to my house! :D

yeah i like the "Take back the town" idea. If the city had 4k people, when you kill that many zombies they should all be dead.

It could have course be an option, but they should never respawn near your safe house. I've had a lot of work clearing around my house. but I killed them all in a radius so big that not even the helicopter brings them to my house! :D

I think this is why Zed Migrations need to happen, like buffalo moving across the plains.  I really like TWD take on this, where something catches the eye of a few and the others just come along for the ride.  Next thing you know, you have hundreds or thousands of them beating a path of destruction.  As it stands now, the Zeds get caught in the woodline and get slowed to a point where they just loose themselves.  I dont mind the forrests, but as it stands now the game has them more as briar thickets.  I guess the woods were all cut down for development, leaving trash trees and shrubs to take over.

Having Zeds follow a pathing procedure of "least resistance" would cut down on this, but is really not what Zeds do.  They get interested in something and head towards it, like a dog after a rabbit on the run.

I like the way you can clear out an area and establish a "safe" house. There's something about killing a dozen of zeds and setting up a camp that just makes you feel so proud! Wouldn't want to wake up and find the entire area flooded again - all the good work wasted...

That said I firmly believe in the migration idea and wouldn't mind if a bunch of them came through the area once in a while. Just not in large numbers. Except if a gun were to be fired or something; anything that would make sense for a large crowd of zeds appearing.

clearing an area and making a safe house does make us pround. The trouble is when u are 4 month into game and havent seen a damn zombie for 2 month. Safe house is pointless, why not just kill all zombie and set up a tent, currently that work. Also once u cleared a city (muldraugth in my case)  this become a sim game .  I got no idea how they could do it, but they need to find a way for zombie to kept coming at us. i mean whats the point of building a safe house if there is no zombie. 

Only thing i thinked about was maybe every 10 day after 2 month  ( say electricity fail, prison door open or whatever)  send us a wave of like 50-100 zombie HUNTING us. with 2 month to gather food/ammo/build multi safe house that could be fun.Imagine the possibilty, if u dont clear 1 wave or 2 :) . Anyway thats just my point of view, but i started playing zomboid because it was damn hard and i was thrilled by the difficulty to survive, so of course im leaning toward a hard game instead of an easy one.

I like your idea but this will turn Zomboid into a tower defense kind of game..  :???:

[...]

I think this is why Zed Migrations need to happen, like buffalo moving across the plains.

[...]

I agree, nice picture, and would go as far as stating "city noises" should draw zeds in (a building collapsing, the wheel of a bicycle turning in the wind, whatever).

I see them coming from the roads at the edge of the map (from any side), pass through the city (maybe they make a loop) :

- if the player is spotted (or a cat, a dog, whatever food source), the horde stays in the city, looking for their dinner, and almost never leave.

- if the played is not spotted, they keep going to the next city, and then leave the map from any road, like they came.

That way, player skills would influence zed density in town. Without having zeds respawning IN town, but outside of town. I see my watchtowers already ... :wub:

[...]

I think this is why Zed Migrations need to happen, like buffalo moving across the plains.

[...]

I agree, nice picture, and would go as far as stating "city noises" should draw zeds in (a building collapsing, the wheel of a bicycle turning in the wind, whatever).

I see them coming from the roads at the edge of the map (from any side), pass through the city (maybe they make a loop) :

- if the player is spotted (or a cat, a dog, whatever food source), the horde stays in the city, looking for their dinner, and almost never leave.

already ... :wub:

This part about food begs the question, what will Zed's eat?  Are the like TWD and anything with blood is fair game (mammals at any rate)?  Or is their diet human specific?