Mouse does nothing?

SaltyLettuce

Question

Hello!

So I recently bought the game, on steam, and after an hour or so I had it installed and ready to play. At first everything ran smoothly; good frame rate, controls worked, no bugs, etc... However, once I came back from a break, I noticed all mouse functions had stopped working. To elaborate on this, it basically made the game unplayable. I cannot sleep, drink, open windows or do anything that requires the mouse right clicking, or left clicking. It has just stopped working completely.

I decided to try and fix this by doing the usual; restarting the game, changing settings, searching the internet, restarting my computer, reinstalling the game, but I just cannot seem to find a fix anywhere?! Annoying, as I was beginning to extremely enjoy this brilliant game! If anyone has had this problem or could help me in anyway, I'd be extremely grateful! And no, my mouse is not broken!

I own a PC compatible xbox 360 controller that I decided to try out. To put it simply it worked very well. Very well until I encountered another bug, and an odd one at that. 

Everything works fine, except when I sleep in game. I go to sleep for x number of hours, and then I wake up. There is no HUD, esc (pause) doesn't work, but I can move around. When I move around, I'll eventually encounter a door/window etc that requires me to press the 'a' button on the controller to open. Upon pressing 'a', no matter where I am stood in game, I go back to sleep for x number of hours. This process continues until I am eventually forced to close the game down. 

No matter what I do, I cannot find a work around for these bugs. I bought the game at the same time as my friend over steam, and so far he has had 0 problems! 

They're both extremely odd! Any ideas? Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I'd recommend deleting your Zomboid folder, located in C:/Users/YourUserName/Zomboid. Note that this will delete your previous saves, so save the contents of Survival/Sandbox/Last Stand in the Zomboid folder if you want to keep your old saves. This should, at least, fix your mouse problems. Controller support is known as fairly buggy right now, it's basically just in as a proof of concept at the moment.

Archived