"Bloodlust" trait.

PoshRocketeer

Future trait(s) suggestion to coincide with multiplayer/AI releases.

Bloodlust trait: Killing humans and animals greatly reduces stress, anxiety, and unhappiness, killing zombies slightly increases stress, anxiety, and unhappiness.

Antisocial trait: Gain stress and anxiety when around other humans, lose stress and anxiety when around animals.

• 1 month later...

Antisocial would be great for multiplayer and it can branch out to NPC's relationships, trust etc. for 2-6 points (depends on how much it'd affect these things down the line)
The bloodlust trait sounds uninviting, it could be useful if you fight players only etc. but very VERY bad if you like to go around,  kill zombies and help people, you'll have to get trapping up ASAP and get all the books in the world.

Why would bloodlust people hate killing zombies? They suddenly lost interest in blood & gore just because it's from a creature that "ONLY" looks 99% like human? That makes no sense!

This means players can't even defend himself against any zombie anymore any can only run like a coward even if there's only a couple of zeds, something that doesn't look like a bloodlust people would behave.

I would suggest: stress/anxiety/unhappiness slowly increase when you're not killing anything, killing zombies or animals slightly decrease them while killing human greatly decrease them.

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2022 at 4:23 AM, VASH581 said:

Why would bloodlust people hate killing zombies? They suddenly lost interest in blood & gore just because it's from a creature that "ONLY" looks 99% like human? That makes no sense!

This means players can't even defend himself against any zombie anymore any can only run like a coward even if there's only a couple of zeds, something that doesn't look like a bloodlust people would behave.

I would suggest: stress/anxiety/unhappiness slowly increase when you're not killing anything, killing zombies or animals slightly decrease them while killing human greatly decrease them.

This is a super old post, but the idea is that people who are bloodthirsty are usually in it for the reaction they get from their victim. To them, killing zombies would probably just feel like work more than anything, and I doubt they'd get much out of it.

17 hours ago, PoshRocketeer said:

This is a super old post, but the idea is that people who are bloodthirsty are usually in it for the reaction they get from their victim. To them, killing zombies would probably just feel like work more than anything, and I doubt they'd get much out of it.

Zombies kinda react in their own way since they're far more durable than a living being. You can go much farther, far quicker, with them since they can't die from anything but brain damage. In the OG State of Decay you could do a low sweep with a sledge hammer to bust off a zombies legs and while they're still belly up you could pump an incendiary shell to blow out it's ribcage and it'll still live long enough to flail around before burning to death. You can't get that from Joe Schmo. I think the real problem would be that with their being so many zombies it's gets old hence a smaller reduced stress bonus would make more sense.

4 hours ago, GodHatesHaloWaypoint said:

Zombies kinda react in their own way since they're far more durable than a living being. You can go much farther, far quicker, with them since they can't die from anything but brain damage. In the OG State of Decay you could do a low sweep with a sledge hammer to bust off a zombies legs and while they're still belly up you could pump an incendiary shell to blow out it's ribcage and it'll still live long enough to flail around before burning to death. You can't get that from Joe Schmo. I think the real problem would be that with their being so many zombies it's gets old hence a smaller reduced stress bonus would make more sense.

I'm fully inclined to disagree. The zomboids in PZ absolutely do not feel pain, when you hit them, they jerk back from the force but in no way do they react anything like a living victim would. Serial killers, for example, tend to enjoy inflicting misery.  This is pretty well exemplified when you listen to people like John Wayne Gacey speak. What misery is there to inflict on something that just doesn't feel and doesn't care about any kind of punishment you deal? Sure, you can blast its ribcage out, but it won't really effect the zomboid, they'll just get up and keep walking like nothing happened, or lay there with a dumbfounded look on their face and not really react at all, I imagine that'd be quite boring for someone in the business of inflicting pain. Even animals would be more reactive, I just don't feel comfortable encouraging the harming of animals via a trait outside of maybe the Hunter trait. Coupling this with the fact that it's not intended to be a positive trait, I stand by my original explanation. From a gameplay perspective even a positive trait that just gave you stress reduction for interacting with one of the most common activities in the game aside from walking is just broken overpowered.  Maybe as a positive trait it could give you reduced stress from fighting zomboids, but right now I don't think fighting zomboids stresses you out unless you're indoors.

You know what you can get from Joe Schmoe that you can't get from a zomboid? Kicking, screaming, begging for their life, flailing and trying to act with self preservation, and a tangible reaction to your actions as opposed to it just trying to walk at you.

TL;DR, Killing zomboids is work, not play,

Edited by PoshRocketeer
Thought original comment sounded pretentious, also made me sound like an actual serial killer