Unable to Launch

Tidomann

Question

When immediatly launching cmd prompt opens and immediatly displays

AL lub: <ee> alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Here is the error.txt

java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified    at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)    at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:947)    at zombie.core.Core.copyPasteFile(Core.java:921)    at zombie.core.Core.searchFolders(Core.java:909)    at zombie.core.Core.copyPasteFolders(Core.java:891)    at zombie.core.Core.loadOptions(Core.java:772)    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:874)    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:112)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)    at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified    at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)    at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:947)    at zombie.core.Core.saveOptions(Core.java:961)    at zombie.core.Core.loadOptions(Core.java:774)    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:874)    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:112)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)    at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

And finally a screenshot of the batch when running

j8b6eNN.png

17 answers to this question

Currently using the steam version. I have tried to redownload a few times. I saw that ensuring my graphics driver and java versions were up to date and I've updated both- but if java is packaged in with the steam client then I guess that eliminates that from being a problem.

Currently using the steam version. I have tried to redownload a few times. I saw that ensuring my graphics driver and java versions were up to date and I've updated both- but if java is packaged in with the steam client then I guess that eliminates that from being a problem.

Java is packaged with the game itself, actually, which was why I was hoping reinstalling the game would nix it. I'll see what I can sort out.

At this juncture it would help to have your specs: processor, graphics card, operating system, RAM being the most important. If you're not sure I can walk you through getting a dxdiag.

I think I've tried that before but to double check I've launched steam under admin- and also went to the files themselves and tried to launch each exe and the batch under admin and the same problem occurred.

Edit: This is the new error when the batch launches locally: Like I said before java is not installed to my C: which seems like it may be a problem.

post-5580-0-61696000-1387128593_thumb.pn

There's really no reason the game should be looking for Java in its normal location in C: since it's packaged with the game. However, it might be worth uninstalling Java all together and ten running the game.

Maybe I'm forgetting which version started having Java with it; assuming you're using the public version, try right clicking the game in your library, chiding properties, clicking on te beta tab, and choosing the beta opt-in from the drop down menu. I'd say try this before uninstalling your system Java.

As an unrelated sidenote, can I ask why your java is on a secondary drive? Usually a really bad idea for any of your major infrastructure to not be on C: for Windows.

My solid state is about 5 years old. It's a 40gig solid state and I've been semi-ramshackling it together for awhile like this now. I should really just invest in another solid state and do a fresh reinstall.

Opted into the beta. It updated and I tried running. No luck. Deleted all the files, made sure I was still opted into the Beta on Steam and redownloaded/installed all the files. Still the same result.

Thanks Rathlord. I tried running with no java. I tried both versions and it didn't seem to work. The folder that it's searching for seems to be one of the default files that are installed- and I have no control over the path directory unless I move the files themselves.

Sorry for the late reply- but the latest iteration of PZ has seemed to fixed this problem. Glad to be able to play again!

Edit: may have spoken too soon 1 moment

Just did a fresh install of java. In my system 32 folder where it's trying to find the java path, the java.exe is there- it's just not in a jre64 folder.

post-5580-0-85219100-1387139274_thumb.pn

Edit: I'll try reinstalling and not changing the destination path of C:\Program Files\Java\jre7- not sure if I even have enough room to install it on my root drive though.

Edit2: I truly don't understand how I could have 200mgb on my c: free, install java, then uninstall java and only have 20mgb free now...

Considering you're getting a bunch of security errors, I'm hesitant to say it's the launcher causing the trouble, but, to circumvent the launcher currently: in the bat of your choice, point it towards zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState instead of zombie.ZomboidLauncher.

Right click on the bat, select Edit from the context menu (or Open WIth . . . Notepad). Be sure to save the file as * All Files, overwriting the original bat.

Be sure to run the game by double clicking the edited bat file.

If this fails to alleviate the problem, delete the contents of %username%\zomboid (C:\users\EG\zomboid)

It really shouldn't since Java is actually packaged with the game files now (assuming you're using the Steam version). You may just have a corrupted file, have you tried deleting the game and redownloading? If that doesn't help I'll try to pop by tonight and see what we can work out.

Archived