An RTS Space Combat Simulator

doomblood66

An RTS and simulator are two different things. An "RTS simulator" would be an RTS video game. Can you clarify what you mean?

Star Craft is a great space-themed RTS, though most missions are terrestrial. EVE Online is a good space combat simulator, though it takes tons of time to really make any headway due to its real-time leveling system that means you can NEVER catch up to ANYONE who has been playing longer than you unless they stop playing altogether for a period of time.

I'd offer more suggestions, but I'd need some clarification on what you're looking for.

What kind? Spaceship warfare or just future warfare with space?

Star Wars: Empire at War

gratuitous space battles

Space RTS: In space

Spaceship warfare and thx :)

An RTS and simulator are two different things. An "RTS simulator" would be an RTS video game. Can you clarify what you mean?

Star Craft is a great space-themed RTS, though most missions are terrestrial. EVE Online is a good space combat simulator, though it takes tons of time to really make any headway due to its real-time leveling system that means you can NEVER catch up to ANYONE who has been playing longer than you unless they stop playing altogether for a period of time.

I'd offer more suggestions, but I'd need some clarification on what you're looking for.

As in a RTS with realism

"Space RTS: In space"

What kind? Spaceship warfare or just future warfare with space?

Star Wars: Empire at War

gratuitous space battles

Space RTS: In space

Spaceship warfare and thx :)

As in a RTS with realism

"Space RTS: In space"

I'm afraid asking for a space RTS that falls to realism isn't an order that can be filled. There's nothing real in space that one could call a real-time strategy game because we don't have space fleets and armies in real life, so any sort of variation on that would be Sci-Fi at best.

RTS games aren't exactly known for realism in general, but the closest you'd find is probably Age of Empires or Civilization. 

Archived