Controller problem

Lorenzfear

Question

So I have been trying to use my cheap usb controller that i bought and I have been trying to get it to work with project zomboid. I thought I would make it work by pressing the A button so I went to 'remap' the controls at the file "Joypadsetup.lua" or something like that but it still would not work when i go into the game.I have mashing the start and a button but nothing happens. I tried using x360ce but it will not work because PZ uses Jinput instead of Xinput. Does anyone have a solution to this? I cant find any xbox controller reciever or any logitech or any kind of good gamepads.

2 answers to this question

AFAIK controller input is still pretty broken and still waiting on a patch for it. So it's a bit useless playing with a controller at the moment until the problem is patched in an update. So it's probably going to be a problematic thing to set up in any case.

AFAIK controller input is still pretty broken and still waiting on a patch for it. So it's a bit useless playing with a controller at the moment until the problem is patched in an update. So it's probably going to be a problematic thing to set up in any case.

Also, the patch for the controller I don't think will be out for a while. As PZ developers said, from what I can gather, is that it's a "secondary" objective to them.

Archived