Dismantling of Vehicles - Bug?

Ergenta

How do you dismantle these annoying vehicle road block post 41.50? I have my welders mask, welders torch and rod but no option comes up. Was this function removed? Do I need a certain metalwork level for it to become an option? 

If this really was removed, how do I level up metalwork that doesn't involve directly making things? And what about these now useless and annoying road blocks? Do they have a function planned for the future?  

Edit: Car Wreck is what I'm referring to https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Car_Wreck
It seems as if this entire function has been removed. If this is the case, what are the wrecked cars used for now since they serve little mechanical xp purpose. 

819846349_Annotation2021-08-30031144.thumb.png.14421a1d0ae9bfafe20d135a81ed6de6.png That's right! Foraging in the middle of the road is an option but that once useful way of obtaining metal is now gone. Ignoring the foraging on the road because it's part of that biome, I feel like I'm missing something that has to do with dismantling the car. 

I can't dismantle them even by the vanilla standards as you can't break the windows to access the interior so what purpose are they for If I can't even gain mechanical xp off them? I even tried using a cheat menu to see if I can unlock the function somehow and it legit seems like it's been removed completely. No other mods installed besides cheat menu on v41.53

• Ergenta changed the title to Dismantling of Vehicles - Bug?

These are the new car wrecks. It is not possible to interact with them fully atm because their geometry is quite different from the old car wrecks. However, they provide a limited amount of Mechanical interactions and opportunities to gain XP (well, at least some of them do) and I am not sure how much more work is planned in this area. Regarding Dismantling, it was only ever possible with burnt car wrecks, not smashed cars. 

Yes this was one of the few things I found wrong with the last? Latest? addition to beta channel. It is really strange to walk up to a car your used to interact with and NOTHING works. It took me 2-3 wrecks until I realized why I was not able to enter them and look for loot etc.

The look is really good! But to not be able to interact with the seats and doors? This wrecks needs to be treated like normal cars! Just not able to be repaired or driven. Trunk and doors need to be intractable and really players should be able to enter the vehicles. Have the driver door "broken" and the driver seat from inside the car say that the car is ruined. Really as they are right now in the beta build they only confuses players since they look damaged but why can you not interact with them?

They act like just a container if I'm not miss remembering. Have the trunk animated and allow players to enter the back seats. And ofc scavenge for metalworking experience, tires etc.  Edit: The "crashed" cars you can interact with the mechanics and trunk. But the car doors have no interactions to them. And some of the cars with side collisions should totally be drivable. So really they probably can be treated like normal vehicles in future development or just XP and loot objects. But right now they are simply just broken since they lack door interactions and makes it very confusing addition to the game.

Normal vehicles really do lack in animations of the hood and trunk. Even the doors would need to open and close. But to introduce wrecks that looks intractable like normal cars but are not really sucks. Confusing and needs some more work to at least not be confusing for a new players first encounter with this lies of transportation metal disasters ;)

I kind of love the way this "bad" gui works and feels. I probably going to prefer it over whatever "improved" one that might get added in the future. But such a strange thing as a vehicle that do not seem to be intractable makes the gui seem broken. Even now with some refinements the gui today is more then up for the task of PZ. But only if your not fighting it and get bitten by a Z from the stupid GUI. 

15 hours ago, Pandorea said:

These are the new car wrecks. It is not possible to interact with them fully atm because their geometry is quite different from the old car wrecks. However, they provide a limited amount of Mechanical interactions and opportunities to gain XP (well, at least some of them do) and I am not sure how much more work is planned in this area. Regarding Dismantling, it was only ever possible with burnt car wrecks, not smashed cars. 

Were burnt vehicles removed and replaced with these? I haven't seen any. Why replace the burnt cars with these? If it's a placeholder, why not save the dismantle function and make it act as a reskin. 

5 hours ago, Ergenta said:

Were burnt vehicles removed and replaced with these? I haven't seen any. Why replace the burnt cars with these? If it's a placeholder, why not save the dismantle function and make it act as a reskin. 

In my current playthrough started on 41.53, I have found both types of wrecks. Also I've found wrecks that were not burned out, but I could disassemble them, not all but some.

9 hours ago, Ergenta said:

No, these have not replaced burnt vehicles but some of the car-wrecks used in car crash scenarios.

On 9/1/2021 at 3:13 PM, Pandorea said:

No, these have not replaced burnt vehicles but some of the car-wrecks used in car crash scenarios.

Yes. But the burned wrecks are allot fewer compared to before. And for the most parts the cars and burnt ones being replaced by this new wrecks are grate. A grate middle ground that just need a little more work done to them.

Now allot fewer brunt wrecks little the roads and look out of place. And allot fewer shot cars that are never going to be repaired to working order. Instead they can just look like a real vehicle accident instead of just 0% condition pointlessness. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived