Sprinter Apocalypse as one of the default scenarios

Geras

It would be nice if there was a default scenario to play with sprinters, similar to Apocalypse or 6 months later.

Currently there's no benchmark for the sprinter gang to compare survival time. Sure, someone can say they survived for a year with sprinters, but it's never clear what settings they used, and death screen just says "Sandbox".

My personal preference for this kind of scenario is a blend of Apocalypse and 6 months later:

Default Apocalypse settings, but:

- sprinters (duh)

- normal zombie strength and toughness

- zombies trigger house alarms ON

- December start

- instant water/power shut off

- very slow world erosion

- erosion advance 180 days

- world advance 6 months

We could name it Sprinter Apocalypse.

Edited by Geras

Being a sprinter zombies adept since they first came out I like this idea but it's too rough for players who would like to try sprinters, because the goal to have such a setting is to highlight sprinters, right? So if you put those players who never played with sprinters directly into hell they gonna be fed up and will give up quickly.

I'd suggest survival settings with sprinters and 28 days later just for the reference to this famous movie and therefore name it 28 days later and another challenge called 28 weeks later which would be closer to your settings (again a ref to 28 weeks later movie) basically it would be the 6 months later settings but with sprinter zombies.

AND maybe a third one which would be hell, population set to insane, 1 year later starts in december, helicopter event set to often, meta event set to often, instant water/power shut off, almost no loot... basically the worst conditions but still possible to survive (no super zombies being able to detect you from a mile away)

I uploaded my settings, if you're interested.

extreme with migration.cfg

26 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

-snip-

Nice one, good ideas - I wasn't sure about using movie titles as the scenario name, but 3 different difficulty levels with sprinters would be ideal.

However, about population settings I'd prefer lowered population for the easy mode (Builder population settings?) , default population for the normal mode (Apocalypse population settings), and basically 6 months later but with sprinters.

Thanks for the settings, will try them out.

Edited by Geras

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 9:40 AM, Geras said:

Nice one, good ideas - I wasn't sure about using movie titles as the scenario name, but 3 different difficulty levels with sprinters would be ideal.

However, about population settings I'd prefer lowered population for the easy mode (Builder population settings?) , default population for the normal mode (Apocalypse population settings), and basically 6 months later but with sprinters.

Thanks for the settings, will try them out.

I;d say placing the scenarios 28 days and weeks aprat would make for a nice easter eggs; there's alredy a mall challenge :)