Zombies That Fall Off Second Story Either Die Or Become Crawlers

vonVile

I don't know if this is planned by the developers, but I feel its silly zombies take no damage from falls off the second story, land like a cat and come after you again like nothing has happens. Zombies need to suffer like we do when we fall from heights.

I've seen zombie just dumbly climb over banisters on the second level to fall to the ground all the time. Just the other day I took down a small horde at the apartment building. They were doing it a lot and just climbing back up the stairs to get me. Also I remember this funny instance in 1.5 where I put up stairs next to the dumpster by the fast food place. The zombies were like lemmings repeatedly climbing up the stairs and falling in a loop.

I've seen zombie just dumbly climb over banisters on the second level to fall to the ground all the time. Just the other day I took down a small horde at the apartment building. They were doing it a lot and just climbing back up the stairs to get me. Also I remember this funny instance in 1.5 where I put up stairs next to the dumpster by the fast food place. The zombies were like lemmings repeatedly climbing up the stairs and falling in a loop.

Next time I sleep I will try to count zombies.

"One zombie... CRUNCH... two zombies.... CRACK...three zombies...

I've also witnessed quite a few zombies path up to the second floor of a building I was in, then they routed their pathway through the open window at the top of the stairs, and fall to the ground below. In this situation, they couldn't see me standing at a safe distance, so I was able to observe this happening for quite some time. Not sure if they're supposed to be smart enough not to do something like this, so it would be nice if their stupidity actually does them a bit of damage.

They will jump out 2nd story windows; had that happen in my current game.

I had a 2nd story "home office" (the room with 2 filing cabinets and a desk) that had 4 zombies in the room when I opened the door... so I shut the door.

I came back the next day and 3 were gone, and the window was busted out.  Which explains the ones I killed out back.

They will jump out 2nd story windows; had that happen in my current game.

I had a 2nd story "home office" (the room with 2 filing cabinets and a desk) that had 4 zombies in the room when I opened the door... so I shut the door.

I came back the next day and 3 were gone, and the window was busted out.  Which explains the ones I killed out back.

Awww, the poor little things just wanted fresh air!  :lol:

I agree, a falling animation would be funny as well, just a zombie flailing around in the air before hearing the crunch of bones hitting concrete.  I'd say that yeah, depending on whether they land on their legs or their head, they'd become crawlers or die, respectively.  Also, all zombies who hit the ground should fall over at least, and have to get back up, perhaps they just landed on their chest and pierced their vital organs, but didn't break their legs or brain so they can still walk.

I'd also find it cool if the player also suffered the broken legs effect (having to crawl, and also having to get back up after falling) we need an 'injured' state like this for future prospects such as shooting NPC's or players in the legs and watching them helplessly crawl while the horde closes in.

Would be quite a nice feature. Particularly if waving and yelling at zombies across a gap between buildings results in the lemmings style approach :P

Pretty much straight out of World War Z as well. Clearing buildings by luring the zombies into gravity's harsh embrace :D

WWZ SPOILERS WWZ SPOILERS WWZ SPOILERS WWZ SPOILERS

I loved the scene where they blow the bridges to the Himalayas and the zombies simply pour over the cliff.