CPU maxed out - dual core

Invader Jim

Question

I have a Core2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz CPU.  I have been watching Windows Task Manager and see that my CPU usage is frequently at 100% (both cores) and rarely under 95% when in game. Anyone else max out their CPU? I know it is a few years old but it surprises me that it is maxed out so much of the time with this game. Is my CPU really that out of date?

I think this may be causing some of my performance issues in this game. 

3 answers to this question

I have a Core2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz CPU.  I have been watching Windows Task Manager and see that my CPU usage is frequently at 100% (both cores) and rarely under 95% when in game. Anyone else max out their CPU? I know it is a few years old but it surprises me that it is maxed out so much of the time with this game. Is my CPU really that out of date?

I think this may be causing some of my performances in this game. 

No this game is not very optimized but the devs are trying their hardest to fix it.

I think this may be causing some of my performance issues in this game.

Zomboid can be pretty taxing on the CPU. Try to lower your settings (esp. the resolution).

Archived