Reinforcing a Door (still be able to open/close)

Charlypizza

The construction of doors has drastically decreased thanks to the ability to jump walls and using sheet ropes as routes to enter the base, besides zombies will focus doors when attacking the base and they are weak compare to walls.

-To encourage players to build doors again could introduce a mechanic to “reinforce a door”, just like in real life it would need extra hinges, doorknobs and planks or metal sheets. Also could be added the ability to build the door with the little window to see what’s on the other side, zombies or survivors on multiplayer, and don’t risk to go out into an ambush.

-This ability to reinforce doors could be receive at level 4 carpentry and divided on 3 stages to reinforce and gain hp/durability. The first stage could be 3 hinge and 2 doorknobs, 6 screws and 3 planks, second stage 4 planks, 8 screws and third stage 5 planks and 10 screws.

**Using sheet ropes should consume twice stamina compared to climbing a wall and only possible if both hands are free. This is just common sense upon how hard those moves are in real life.

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.15.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.14.31 PM.png

Yeah, I always though that barricading doors made sense in a makeshift shelter, but it's just not practical in a permanent base. This allows a progression system for barricading while still allowing movement in and out at high levels. Maybe locking and unlocking the door could take longer with this method? Either way, I think the bigger thing should be changing sheet ropes. It never made sense to me that an obese, 240 pound man could climb up a vertical rope with very little effort. I'm a relatively fit and strong 20-something, and even I can't climb up a rope more than a few feet. Currently, sheet ropes are usable unless a character has low strength or the Weak trait. This makes sense, although I think it should be upped. Survivors at base level strength should not be able to climb up sheet ropes. Weak characters shouldn't even be able to climb down as they would fall. A survivor with Stout, Strong, or high strength should be able to do both. If a character is overweight, they should need Strong, and if obese, they shouldn't be able to climb until they lose weight. A chance of falling off while ascending or descending should be possible but will diminish at higher strength levels.