Character get's stuck walking after using strafe and attack

ladysilverdagger

Question

My character get's stuck walking in a particular direction after using the strafe key and attack while moving. This persists after exiting and restarting the save but not after exiting to the desktop. Occasionally, I've been able to break out of the stuck walking situation without restarting the game but I can't seem to identify exactly what I've done to break out of it. Getting out of it seems to involve activating run/sprint (shift) and then reactivating the run/sprint key. I didn't have this problem prior to 41.45 but since the update it has become a regular issue that makes me quite hesitant to try and engage the zom populace. Is this something that anyone else is experiencing?

I'm on a Mac OS 10.12.6. Playing game version 41.45 IWBUMS on steam.

console.txt

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ladysilverdagger said:

My character get's stuck walking in a particular direction after using the strafe key and attack while moving. This persists after exiting and restarting the save but not after exiting to the desktop. Occasionally, I've been able to break out of the stuck walking situation without restarting the game but I can't seem to identify exactly what I've done to break out of it. Getting out of it seems to involve activating run/sprint (shift) and then reactivating the run/sprint key. I didn't have this problem prior to 41.45 but since the update it has become a regular issue that makes me quite hesitant to try and engage the zom populace. Is this something that anyone else is experiencing?

I'm on a Mac OS 10.12.6. Playing game version 41.45 IWBUMS on steam.

console.txt 95.54 kB · 0 downloads

This same thing happened to me semi-frequently on many past builds. Don't recall if I ever reported it... also running on a mac, and only my mac (haven't had the problem on my newer pc, but haven't been playing much lately either).

EnigmaGrey - Thank you for the suggestion.

I had high hopes when I went into my system preferences and lo and behold the dock was using Shift (sprint) + Command (strafe) and D to enable/disable hiding (which I turned off). However, upon restarting I attempted my  troublesome key and click combo and I'm still having the same problem. (I've finally managed to figure out how to cancel the constant walk - double click the movement key in the direction I'm headed.) I went back and double checked and I do not have any of the other shortcut commands that use ASD or W with Shift and Command turned on in preferences so I'm still at a loss as to what else might be interfering with the game play.

That being said, I can remap the Aim/Strafe key to Caps Lock and it works, as in no stuck walking, but with its own set of issues. I'd still like to try and figure out if there is a possible fix on my end that would still allow for having aiming mapped to the command button. Additional insight or suggestions are appreciated.

Archived