''Is This The Most Embarrassing Interview Fox News Has Ever Done?''

Roach

Every network has had bad, uninformed pieces before and I think it's a bit biased to blame them on the networks just because we might not agree with their political views. At the end of the day it was just a horrible, horrible job by the reviewer and whoever was overseeing the interview (if anyone).

Tl;dr I think we should blame the ignorant people rather than the overarching network. It's roughly akin to blaming the entire Muslim religion for terrorist attacks XD

Well, I think it's hard to pick a "most embarrassing" anything for Fox News.

After all there is still stuff like this 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wb3AFMe2OQY&t=109

floating arround the internet :)

I think the really impressive part of this one is that the atheist didn't know why the tides work either. Both of them look like utter morons.

I think the really impressive part of this one is that the atheist didn't know why the tides work either. Both of them look like utter morons.

Yeah, he was right. He couldn't explain it, time to join church fellas.

Every network has had bad, uninformed pieces before and I think it's a bit biased to blame them on the networks just because we might not agree with their political views. At the end of the day it was just a horrible, horrible job by the reviewer and whoever was overseeing the interview (if anyone).

Tl;dr I think we should blame the ignorant people rather than the overarching network. It's roughly akin to blaming the entire Muslim religion for terrorist attacks XD

I'd agree with you, except we are talking about Fox News here? :P I don't think it's really possible to level too much criticism of the network as a whole. It's not just liberal/conservative bias, the network is the most insidious News International propaganda that routinely misinforms its viewers to the point of parody and actively makes the world a much much much more rotten place.

http://climateshiftproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/FeldmanStudy.pdf

http://www.comm.ohio-state.edu/kgarrett/MediaMosqueRumors.pdf

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/IraqMedia_Oct03/IraqMedia_Oct03_rpt.pdf

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/dec10/Misinformation_Dec10_rpt.pdf

I disagree with you. Hence, the nature of my complaint XD Personally there's no way I could point to one network and say, "yes, that network is the most evil." I think they all are, and each and every one goes out of their way to befuddle and confuse the people of our planet. The only thing that makes one stand out more than the others is when a person's view conflicts with the networks' view. Again, all personal opinion. That, because of our nature, makes it seem 'more evil' because it's farther out of line with what we believe. The truth is I find deception in every form despicable whether it's for a cause that I agree with or not.

I'd agree with you, except we are talking about Fox News here? :P I don't think it's really possible to level too much criticism of the network as a whole. It's not just liberal/conservative bias, the network is the most insidious News International propaganda that routinely misinforms its viewers to the point of parody and actively makes the world a much much much more rotten place.

It's good how prominent their bias is. It is a bigger issue when seemingly unbiased sources are wrong. I am currently reading books by a PhD in biomechanics who contradict almost everything I learned by basic gymnastic teachers from kindergarten until today.

I disagree with you. Hence, the nature of my complaint XD Personally there's no way I could point to one network and say, "yes, that network is the most evil." I think they all are, and each and every one goes out of their way to befuddle and confuse the people of our planet. The only thing that makes one stand out more than the others is when a person's view conflicts with the networks' view. Again, all personal opinion. That, because of our nature, makes it seem 'more evil' because it's farther out of line with what we believe. The truth is I find deception in every form despicable whether it's for a cause that I agree with or not.

You disagree with what part? :P there's no personal opinion about the fact that Fox News viewers are statistically more likely to think that Saddam Hussein was involved with 9/11, that they found WMDs in Iraq or that the majority of scientists think global warming isn't real. That's because they are more concerned with pushing Murdoch and other senior NI executives political agendas.

Got that for ya. Like I said, I'm not claiming in any way shape or form that Fox is a 'good' network but trying to qualify which level of deceit is more evil seems pointless to me. If anything, Fox may do it better than anyone else but I certainly don't think that means more evil, just that they've had more success.

You disagree with what part? :P there's no personal opinion about the fact that Fox News viewers are statistically more likely to think that Saddam Hussein was involved with 9/11, that they found WMDs in Iraq or that the majority of scientists think global warming isn't real. That's because they are more concerned with pushing Murdoch and other senior NI executives political agendas.

But that's an entirely biased set of statistics because those are things that are in line with the conservative agenda. If you instead brought up deceits that are in line with liberal agenda's I'm sure you'd find liberal networks would have a higher percent likelihood. Again, I'm not trying to disagree that Fox is evil but just the fact that you brought those specific things up shows a bias.

I'm not saying other networks do not have political biases, or have incorrect or ill-informed pieces, but that Fox News is like notoriously about 100000x worse than any other news network for misinforming its viewers outside perhaps North Korea. :P to suggest otherwise I find rather startling and wonder if you've digged deep enough to realize quite how ridiculous and scary it gets?

Fox News is a benign organization that delivers round-the-clock honest news brought to you by career professionals. They do their utmost best to keep America informed on whats going on outside the world, and within.

How dare you taint their reputation, Lemmy!

I shake my virtual fist at you in anger, good sir!

Rathlord: "I think the really impressive part of this one is that the atheist didn't know why the tides work either. Both of them look like utter morons."

Amen to that brother.

Oh boy.. you know how many times as a protestant random people have tried to break their necks just to get me in stupid squabbles like the ones you see on the news and TV? -_-  Once these polarized crazies from group A, B, or C realize "you are one of X, Y, Z" they instantly impose a series of inane stereotypes and prejudices on you and forget to learn your own unique views on complex positions. It soon becomes a giant, unproductive mud-slinging contest.

Stupidity, irrationality, and that fundamentalist holier-than-thou-attitude is a human ubiquity. Egocentric and silly thinking can be found in every worldview. I have had plenty a skeptic just assert defacto dogma an inch from my nose and not care to reason with me. Sometimes I think they ought to be the ones wearing silly hats, God knows they got their finger-pointing and the inquisition part down. I have been threatened, had things thrown at me, and called everything but a milk-cow when trying to dialogue with skeptics over important issues and life-changing questions. And on the other end, I have gotten inches from my own fellow "Christians" noses and openly rebuked them for their foul attitude, stereotyping, and faulty argumentation on the same issues and life-changing questions. My favorite verse to use in those situations is 1 Peter 3:15:

“But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.”

I think there is just a massive failure for just about everyone in the Western world right now to think critically and reason with each other. One group in power says "You are either with us or your with the [x,y,z]." Then the other guy gets voted in office and just turns the tables - old boss same as the new boss, it's just a change in mere label. There are too many hateful New Atheists and Westboronites getting all the limelight in the media while people like Dr. James White, Dr. Micheal Behee, Dr. Owen Gingerich, and , on the other far end of the spectrum atheists, like Austin Dacey voices are smothered by the ever fictionalizing media. It’s all about creating a convenient narrative that fits Fox’s, CNN’s, BBC’s, etcetera’s, etcetera’s, position. There is no concern for the other guys side of things. For example many intelligent people believe in a God, and many atheists recognize the legitimacy of their beliefs and are not on a wild crusade to expunge their minds of such, yet so many near-solipsistic agenda-mongers who want the backing of other people radicalize said people into believing such for their own validation and power.  In my eyes people like the "lawyer" Fred Phelps and "scientist" Richard Dawkins are two different ugly heads attached to the same Hydra. Both claim to possess the truth yet have done nothing but set-up artificial road-blocks in the midst of it’s pursuit for their own selfish reasons and fallacious reasonings.    

Archived