how does the temperature system work?

Name1234

so ive gone back to playing when i have free time

i wasnt aware the temperature/weather variables were active, so that if i got too cold i would die of hypothermia.

one problem to me is that i dont think you just die of hypothermia, like i think you'd have to be seriously cold for a long time and maybe even wet too. also going indoors didnt do anything.

yesterday i was playing and it just said it was ''wind chill'' or whatever, and suddenly my character can't run anymore! i was well under carry weight so it wasnt that, and i noticed this on another character who had what the game said was developing hypothermia.

i've never had hypothermia really or been so cold i couldn't move. just trying to figure this out from a game POV. may have to find a mod that disables the weather right now. i also dont feel as though the items are balanced in game from the start, maybe i should do another topic but what exactly are normal items in game? i can't get it to spawn say a wardrobe of clothes which i imagine would have been mostly left behind by people as they flee from zombies. making it hard to quickly find a coat if the weather is bad.
i use hydrocraft and some other mods, maybe those affect the overall item spawns.

The warmest clothes in the vanilla (IWBUMS) are padded pants and padded jacket.  Again in Vanilla, if you are in winter (6 months later) then you need to pay attention to the cold moodle, it was start with chilly, then cold, then freezing, then Hyperthermia.  Going inside a house will provide warmth, but it may not be enough.  Look at the arrows on the moodle, if you are cold and you have 2/3 downward arrows you need to at least get inside to warm up.  If you still have the arrows then you need to start a fire (camp fire kit) , the more wood and logs the warmer it will be.  If you are freezing and going inside doesn't give you green arrows up then again start a fire, if you don't deal with it you will become hyperthemic.  If you are are already hyperthermic, then start the fire and warm up immediately.

In Winter its always best to make sure you have a campfire kit handy (unless you have a indoor fire you can use) and a supply of wood (so an axe for logs or breakdown furniture with tools)

I am unware if a beg provides any warmth, I am inclined to say it doesn't but sometimes I warm up when I sleep but this is probably just the temp getting warmer

Archived