[37.14] Doubts about how zombies appear

Wesley Balestrini

We surround an area in the multiplayer with walls of logs, about 25x50 meters. This occurred at the west end of West Point (near one of the arms of the river).

If all the players are away, in the extreme east for example, can zombies appear inside our fortification? Even if it's completely closed?

I read in some post Monday on the official website, which said barricaded houses prevent this from occurring. But what about external areas fortified? Is there a security mechanism in the game?

I think so. I've been away from my base for several times in singleplayer for long periods of time, days, even weeks and came back to only see zombies on the outside, but inside and in the house there were no zombies. I think that it's rare for something like that to occur. If it does it's either a spawn problem or a bug in which zombies can walk through (for example: some corners).

On 30/09/2017 at 1:59 PM, Legoland99 said:

I think so. I've been away from my base for several times in singleplayer for long periods of time, days, even weeks and came back to only see zombies on the outside, but inside and in the house there were no zombies. I think that it's rare for something like that to occur. If it does it's either a spawn problem or a bug in which zombies can walk through (for example: some corners).

thanks for the answer!

For now there are no zombies being created inside the wall. I will continue testing ...

I believe there's a system preventing zombies from spawning within a certain distance of the player, or where the player has been in the last several days.

That doesn't mean they won't walk there, but they won't magically appear there.  Meaning they need to be able to actually path-find to a place to get there.

If there are any gaps in the edges and the corners they'll still be able to spawn. Use the wooden pillar to fill in the gaps.

Sometimes zombies can also glitch through walls if they're standing very very close when the chunks reloaded. Though that should mean only a couple make it through the wall.

13 hours ago, EG Bot said:

Sometimes zombies can also glitch through walls if they're standing very very close when the chunks reloaded. Though that should mean only a couple make it through the wall.

As to be expected in real life also. A corpse will find it's way somehow so always expect something. Wood can only last for so long. (especially if you tie it with rags XD)

Archived