"Bleak Outlook" Zombie game art
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ive been working on a game i decided to call 

6Nb6amM.png

(didnt see ANYTHING use a name like this through 6 months of google search monitoring and i feel like it sounds good and fits the theme)

so heres a dump of art im doing for it

Colorado Nature Scene mockup (pine trees are the only things i spent time on like 10-15 mins per tree, same with the sky and the rest like the mountain and rocks and grass are just crude quick mock up drawings i did where i basically just flailed my mouse around making lines like a madman to get a point across.

tOWGaOA.png

skies i made for the mockup

2803D86.png

i eventually used this one V

cQ0I07h.png

some character designs

zu6xi2s.png < Indianapolis BLUZONE military / volunteers

K2uE9y7.png < Human Basemodels (small sorry) took a long time to get an artstyle im happy with and this is it, basically stumbled upon it when i started randomly drawing vertical lines and realized that basic shapes get along                          well together to form small pixel art humans

apC2z1N.png  < Midwestern Suburb Home

well not much left to show or say since i dont wanna reveal too much, i decided to start this cause after playing the last of us i felt a void in me cause no game after it was able to do me justice and pretty much every game i actively play for my friend has me bored and uninterested, so i set out to create a game that had all the things i loved from the last of us (brutal violence, frantic (melee) combat, intense gunfights, desperate situations after society's downfall, traveling the usa, A WHOLE FUCKING LOT OF BEAUTY, the way survivors were portrayed like) and things i love from other games (open world traveling, freedom of choice, customization etc) along with adding a few things to it that i personally enjoy that neither had such as realistic blood splatter (differing from weapon to weapon like high velocity splatter from firearms and average dripping splatter from melee weapons for example) and a slightly more indepth fighting system that shares some minor similarities to condemned or mma games using grappling and different positions and attacks to gain an edge in combat, or a more realistic and enjoyable scavenging experience with fully animated looting for different containers and such

in the end this is a private project more or less as in im making it mainly so i can have something to play that i can actually enjoy and i already spent like 70 bucks on an animating tool called spriter and a pixel art tool called pyxeledit that im not really satisfied with so i hope ill actually pull through with this one this time

Edited by zoeyflower
Fuji, nasKo and xXSly_WolfyXx like this

*Flashback to getting mauled by multiple clickers* But seriously, Amazing work dude. I'm actually seriously looking forward to this since I love 2D games and everything else you mentioned tbh. Wish I could help on this but I'm shit at 2D work, Only good with 3D. (Not that you need help)

zoeyflower likes this

That's some mighty impressive pixel art you've got there, those trees are immaculate.  Definitely looking forward to updates on this.

If happen to need help with anything, I have a good amount of experience with Unity2D and a lot of free time at the moment.

(Also do art and animation.)

zoeyflower likes this

1 hour ago, Fuji said:

That's some mighty impressive pixel art you've got there, those trees are immaculate.  Definitely looking forward to updates on this.

If happen to need help with anything, I have a good amount of experience with Unity2D and a lot of free time at the moment.

(Also do art and animation.)

are you good at shading with pixels (creating shadows mainly) ?

1 minute ago, zoeyflower said:

are you good at shading with pixels (creating shadows mainly) ?

I'll PM you some of my past work

zoeyflower likes this