Admin rights - god mode

GGemini

I am able to give Admin rights to any player profile, however if I do, then that player no longer has carry weight limits. Is there a way for a player to have admin rights, but also be able to play as a standard player when godmode/invisible mode are toggled off?

2 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Yep @Butter Bot, I too noticed this recently. As an admin you won´t get tired either, regardless if godmode/invisibility is on, simply having the admin rights and you won´t be able to play normally with this char.

In the new admin panel, if you disable admin powers, does this still apply?

Yeah, it's on purpose, I do everything to avoid playing the regular game as an admin, it shouldn't be the case, admin are here to admin, you wanna play you should do a regular player.

Being admin enable lot of things that can make the game not act as intended (zombies ignoring you sometimes, etc...), so really, you shouldn't give player's admin right if they still play and not only admin, make them create a special admin account :)

The problem with this is: constant relogging

Many of the admin-stuff can be done while playing the game normally, escpecially something like the new tickets.  The other roles are pretty much useless than IMHO, because all of the server staff is pretty much forced to not play the game than and instead sit around until needed or relog every time there is some douche online.

Rock and a hard place: the perception (or actual) abuse by admins that play with The Power vs relogging. The former sometimes leads to negative reviews, sigh.

Don't know if it'd be possible to do a "quick login" to swap back and forth, or if making admin fully toggable would be a better choice.

2 hours ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Guess I will still have to run a RCON session next to my game for quick banning/kicking.

So in order to allow for 2 Accounts (one Admin/other staff and one regular play account) I would need to set MaxAccountsPerUser to 2?

Admins aren't affected by MaxAccountsPerUser, so you should be fine.