Wall 'Fade' Toggle

CaptKaspar

How about an option to toggle the wall 'fade' on/off?

A few times I have been building a wall, fence, etc from a 2nd story where I don't have the option of moving to the other side of what I am building. I sometimes can not see the gap where I am trying to place an item. By toggling the 'fade' on/off it would allow us to easily see where a wall, fence, barricade, etc is needed.

My workaround is to try placing whatever I am building in each spot and see where it lets me. It would be nicer/easier to have a better visual indication of where its needed.

Obviously not a very important feature, but I think it would occasionally be nice and safer to have. I have accidentally received a few broken bones because I thought there were walls in places there wasn't. My character would have easily been able to tell if there was a wall or not from his/her perspective and the accidents should never have happened. But, because of the 'fading' I could not from my perspective. Especially when the floors and walls are all the same tone of wood, it can be hard to differentiate.

This sounds like a cool idea! It occurs to me, maybe it could only fade out when you're within 4 walls in a set ammout of distance around you (for indoors and such) or if you're near a specific wall, highlight the character instead of fading out the wall...

Last night I fell for the same reason and the lovely AI director decided to spawn a helicopter nearby...

This sounds like a cool idea! It occurs to me, maybe it could only fade out when you're within 4 walls in a set ammout of distance around you (for indoors and such) or if you're near a specific wall, highlight the character instead of fading out the wall...

Last night I fell for the same reason and the lovely AI director decided to spawn a helicopter nearby...

Ouch.... ;)