Dreadwood Not showing up on Server

TheCautiousOne

Wanted to try a simple thing that I though I have read in here of the forums.

Running my own server (4 player). All ports work and everyone can connect.

WIn 7 64 Professional.

Server and oS running on SSD.

What I have done is:

Had server Running Just Muldraugh and West Point Stock Maps. No Mods.

I have taken the lotpack and worldpack files and Overridden the Muldraugh Lotpack files in

Drive Where Steam Downloaded Zomboid/steamlibrary/steamapps/common/zomboid/media/maps/muldraugh ( Override cells that Dreadwood needs to function )

Exit.

Server Has been Restarted.

Boot Up. Run through Muldraugh to get to dreadwood. When We get to dreadwood, Some of the Tiles are there. Buldings are nonexistant and or cut in Half.

What do I need to do? Do I have to add the folder to the Mods and Run the Server Like that?

I thought you can run the server off of your own files (Zomboid) and it would load the map without having to go through the mods part of it? Or would I need my brother to override his files of zomboid at his house to have the map as well?

TCO

Run back and forth. The second time you return to an affected area it should then appear normal.

And that's the thing. I have heard to do that. I told my brother to hop out and come back in, and I did the same. I logged out, then shut down the server (Quit command)

When we returned things were the same. Nothing was showing up. The roads were there but nothing else. And he couldn't even see the road I was running on.

I asked him "Can you see this road I am running on through the trees" He said no, "It's just brushline"

TCO

If anyone is still Following, You have a seperate Muldraugh World that loads from the Server Files you download with Steam Cmd?

I was modifying my Main Muldraugh Files from the Single Game. Would this change things.

The PZserver/media/maps

Not The C:/Steam Library/steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/maps/muldraugh folder?

Does this make sense?

I would have to Add dreadwood to the PZserver/Maps Folder to show up in multi correct?

TCO

Good thing you got it working.

I have a question for you, did you have to use Workshop mod added in servertest.ini or was it enough just dropping the map files into the server folder? Also which Server folder exactly?

Zomboid/Server ?

Look 2 post above you. I have the screenshot of the file path ;)

I didn't have to mod any workshop mods. I went into the workshop mod folder for the most up to date version of the map adds and then took the lotpack, worldpack, and chunkdata files and put them into the PZserver folder you force make when making a server from steam cmd.

TCO

I have a question for you, did you have to use Workshop mod added in servertest.ini or was it enough just dropping the map files into the server folder? Also which Server folder exactly?

Zomboid/Server ?

I didn't have to mod any workshop mods. I went into the workshop mod folder for the most up to date version of the map adds and then took the lotpack, worldpack, and chunkdata files and put them into the PZserver folder you force make when making a server from steam cmd.

TCO

So you put the map files into PZServer/media/map/muldraugh without overwriting the files? 

Zomboid/Server ?

TCO

So you put the map files into PZServer/media/map/muldraugh without overwriting the files? 

No I did overwrite the files in the muldraugh folder.

And actually dropped in the walking dead prison, bedford, New Denver also. I have been to Bedford and the walking dead prison so far on the server. Haven't run up to New Denver yet or Dreadford again. But bedford showed up and so did the prison. It's looking great at this point.

After getting Dreadwood to show up on my first go around, I restarted the server and dropped in the other maps.

TCO

Zomboid/Server ?

TCO

And actually dropped in the walking dead prison, bedford, New Denver also. I have been to Bedford and the walking dead prison so far on the server. Haven't run up to New Denver yet or Dreadford again. But bedford showed up and so did the prison. It's looking great at this point.

After getting Dreadwood to show up on my first go around, I restarted the server and dropped in the other maps.

TCO

Huh.

When I do that the server & client gets errors when reading the map files.

I'm guessing it's because I'm using IWBUMS 33,10 and you're on 32? If not then I might have messed something up somehow

Zomboid/Server ?

TCO

TCO

Huh.

I'm guessing it's because I'm using IWBUMS 33,10 and you're on 32? If not then I might have messed something up somehow

I never said there weren't errors ;)

It works though. All the cells have loaded.

TCO

Zomboid/Server ?

TCO

TCO

Huh.

TCO

Heh. Well the errors prevent me from connecting.

What version you running?

Zomboid/Server ?

TCO

TCO

Huh.

TCO

Heh. Well the errors prevent me from connecting.

What version you running?

I am running 32.30

TCO