"This savefile can't be found or is invalid."

DemonXelo

Question

So I'm somewhat fed up, have searched the forums, for a few days, and have not found any fix, I'm hoping that someone can either help me figure this out, or to give me earlier version, and a guide on how to install it lol.

Here's the problem:

(+edit, background information) I have no mods, have re-installed the game, ran in all modes (compatibility, etc.), this is single player, this is sandbox, but I've tried this in other game modes.

I create a single player world in sandbox mode, and begin playing for a while (hours) And after about 10-20 minutes, the game begins to freeze for 4-5 second intervals. It's annoying, but I figure it's just a minor bug, so I looked up a solution and have come to figure out I can't find anything. So then I decide to log out for dinner, a shower, whatever the case in my daily routine, then when I come back later, poof I get this message: (I hope the picture got attached). I thought it was a bug, so I re-installed the game, but to no avail (I re-installed it, after taking all the mods off/out of the mod folder because I figured a mod could be the cause, but this was not the case.. because after re-installing it, I created another new world, and same problem occurs). So I'm finally deciding since I know jack-crack about coding or how to do anymore than research to figure out my own problems, I'd ask my family here, I hope someone can help me out, it'd be much appreciated thanks everyone <3 :) P.S: I'd really appreciate a way to go back to an earlier build, because the new build is just not too buggy for me, the lag intervals, it's taking it's toll on my patience >.<

Your sis,
     -DemonXelo <3

+EDIT

You know what I just fixed it... I went through to C:\Users\(Myname)\zomboid and deleted the old files I had from a LONG time ago, like years ago, it seems that for whatever reason, my older incompatible saves (I kept them for memories sake), Were the cause to my problem, not to mention a mod I have had for sometime now (forgot I even had it since it wasn't installed via workshop, and wasn't in the steam zomboid folder) So yeah.. I fixed it, If it helps anyone else out, just keep your game folder Tidy, and up-to-date!

++EDIT

Getting the same problem after using workshop to install select mods, not sure if they're compatible with current version. Not sure which mod(s) are causing it, doing tests now, the following mods are installed: DL Craftable Axes; Hydrocraft; Mechanical Flashlight; More Edibles; More Zombie Loot; Svarog's Books; Svarog's Recolored Hiking Bags; inSayne working movable furnature

+++EDIT

I've narrowed the crash down (I hope) To the following mods: DL Craftable Axes; Mechanical Flashlight; inSayne working movable furnature. Will keep playing, and see if I get the same result as before, hopefully no corruption in saves. If anyone could let me know if they are having similar problems, or if they aren't with any of the mods, that'd be great so we can inform the mod maker, and see if they can have a possible fix, or if it's not their mod lol.

++++EDIT

I was working on figuring out which mods they were, and then PZ Just up and froze on me, I have a feeling there's still bugs in the new Build release, because last month I had no problem playing the game.

post-25141-0-17809400-1448695530_thumb.p

5 answers to this question

Sorry, just see the image, and you are at 32.30 (release version), not beta.

Maybe some of the mods are the cause of the bugs. I play without mods, and 32.30 works fine. 

You can paste the contents of the console.txt at (c:\users\"your user"\Zomboid\), maybe that helps to see whats the problem.

Also you can try to update to the beta branch instead, and see if the game still crashes there.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

About mods, Svarog's books and bags have been integrated into Hydrocraft a while back. More Edibles is also redundant if you use HC. I need to update workshop descriptions to include that info.

Perfect, that actually saves me time, and space on my pc lol, also sorry I was unaware xD Thank you for your response <3

I was working on figuring out which mods they were, and then PZ Just up and froze on me, I have a feeling there's still bugs in the new Build release, because last month I had no problem playing the game.

You can always expect some bugs at the IWBUMS branch, that is what betas are for, to test and fix things until the release :)

You can always expect some bugs at the IWBUMS branch, that is what betas are for, to test and fix things until the release :)

Is there anyway for me to opt out of the beta? xD I love playing the game, but I get frustrated with the bugs >.< Greedy of me I know

Archived