[Two-in-one Suggestion Thread] More clothing, ranging from flipflops to sunglasses (head to toes) + Interactive Furniture

Edd

The Clothing Suggestion

I, as a returning Project Zomboid player, can imagine the following has taken place for the die-hard Project Zomboid players with over 200 hours clocked in playing the game:

- You've more or less gone professional in terms of general survival and how to sustain a healthy diet!
- You have built many things, maximizing your creative capabilities!
- Mods; many you tried, spiced up your game!
- Thought up some crazy challenges to further increase the epic factor of the gameplay!
- You went online! Played with friends! Killed your friends over a can of dog food!
- Now you're bored...

Clothing is a very basic thing in a lot of survival games nowadays, but it adds so much without trying to be complicated. Majority of players like to have free hands when it comes to doing things, especially in character customization.

(A little story below)

I played DayZ for half a year in a row with a bunch of friends. We had our tents set, spare rifles, food, vehicles and all that. What came up as a target item to find during a loot run pretty often? Clothing (everyone loves a themselves some ghillie suit). If we didn't find any clothing items, we would use tons of blood bags on each other to increase the "humanity" stat (after reaching 2500 your character would become reskinned (same went backwards - bulletproof system to define bandits and heroes).

What is in my head for clothing?:

• You would have multiple slots for clothing: Head, eyes, jacket/overshirt, shirt, pants, socks, shoes.
  • You can stack shirts and such on top of each other (refer to NEO Scavenger, a turn-based survival game that has a system like that). So you could be wearing a t-shirt and a long-sleeved shirt on top of eachother, and to top it all off a jacket (with obvious debuffs such as the heat factor).
  • Clothing items would have a health, that has a chance to go down upon traveling through rough terrain (through forests) and upon being attacked.

The obvious suggestions:

• Leather Jacket (Brown and black ones; heavy and hot to be in, but offer increased protection against scratches and bites)
  • Raincoat (Yellow and blue ones; obviously a very feeble piece, but protects against rain)
  • T-shirts (Endless possibilities; obvious that it won't give any substantial pros or cons)
  • Jeans (Washed-out variants to go with shades of black and blue; slight protection against scratches and bites)
  • Sneakers (Endless possibilities; look fab whilst fleeing)
  • Only your imagination is the limit from here on!

Project Zomboid under my understanding is supportive towards mods. If a basic system were to be implemented the modding portion of this great game's community would probably come up with their own little items, till Indie Stone has got the time to focus on these smaller things.

The Interactive Furniture Suggestion

Yeah, it'd be cool to sit on chairs, sofas and lay down in beds (without falling asleep). It could have some buffs towards your character's healing (and sleeping definitely should have if it already does not).

Flip tables? Move shelves? All that cool stuff? Yeah, imagination is your only restriction on this - discuss about it.

Yes, I like your suggestion. As far as interactive furniture goes, I've been wanting a stove that you can covert into a woodstove and use indoors. Or maybe a fireplace you can light, cook on and use to warm up. I don't mind cooking outdoors but in a world of zombie survival, I'd rather find a way to do it indoors!

And yes, more clothing. As girly as it sounds, I've actually had dreams of finding a pair of boots in game and they didn't just look like black shoes on my character! AAAAHHHH!

As girly as it sounds, I've actually had dreams of finding a pair of boots in game and they didn't just look like black shoes on my character! AAAAHHHH!

What I want is an entire wardrobe of clothing, varying from leather vests to pinstripe suits. The thought of going around with an M1A1 Thompson from ORGM whilst donning a pinstripe suit just makes my mind go hzhzhzhfhzhzhfghsdfgh. Epicness galore.