Suggestions for more Realism

Mia Jones

Hey,

i did not find anything in this forum about the things I want to mention now, so sorry in advance for eventually double posting. I know you will give me a hint and I will transfer in the right thread.

I am only playing in multiplayer mode, so I did not find out if my points are the same in single player.

This game is great and the most I like about it, is that it is trying to be really realistic. But in some points I am missing the realism. I know it is an early access game and still under construction and so I hope my points will be noticed.

Here are my points:

1. When I fall down the first floor, it is fine that I broke my leg and it slows me down. But when zombies fall,they are as strong as before and run after me like nothing happened. So here it would be nice, if they at least become a crawler or slow down too.

2. When I conquer for example the mall in westpoint, which is really hard work (and it should be for sure!), I expect great and rare loot in there. But it was very disappointing. So it would be nice if the player gets a little bit more rewarded after conquer big buildings.

3. It is okay when I hit a zombie with a baseball bat and it does not fall down or die after the first hit. But for example when I am equiped with an axe and even when I got a scratch on my right arm, it is not realistic that I have to hit the zombie more than 10 times to bring him down.

4. You can read books when you are bored, you can take some pills against pain and panic attacks but there is nothing you can do against sickness. I know you have the possibility to sleep in single player and that it gives you a better chance of healing. But because you are not able to do so in multiplayer it would be great if you can take some antibiotics or something else against sickness.

5. When there are books for farming, fishing, carpentry, etc. why are there no books for foraging, hunting, medicine, etc.?

So that's it for now. And please, it is no criticism, just some suggestions. I am still loving this game.

Thank you for reading.

Mia

So, answering your suggestions from a SP point of view (I haven't played MP yet) :

1 - I'm pretty sure this has been debated already, but I'm not sure if it had its own topic. But know that you're not the only one being annoyed by that ;)

2 - What kind of "special" loot do you expect ? Loot is randomly spawned when you check a piece of furniture (except that some items can only spawn in specific furniture and not in others) so there's no predefinite "super loot" spawn. Then, you're asking for more realism, but unless what your "super loot" is something you can find in a mall, hard to conquer or not you should only be able to find items that are found in a mall ^^

3 - This has to do with panic, accuracy level, weapon's damage output, etc. Every swing you throw does not land on the zed's head. But yeah, it can take many swings to kill a zed. Do you charge your hits ? TBH I'm okay with the way this is working atm.

4 - I've read there are antibioticsto fight sickness or infection (not the "zombie" infection). Not a lot, but still. The other way is to stay  very well fed to get better quickly (healing bonus).

5 - Can't answer that lol. I think hunting books are planned, at least they are in the translation files. For the rest, I can't tell.

1. I agree and they should also be slowed by rain and winter.

2. Can't argue  with that.

3. 100% agree. having to hit some zombies 10+ times with an axe to the face to finish them is stupid.

4. I'd like to see more types of medicines like cough medicine, flu medicine etc

5. 100% agreed

So, answering your suggestions from a SP point of view (I haven't played MP yet) :

1 - I'm pretty sure this has been debated already, but I'm not sure if it had its own topic. But know that you're not the only one being annoyed by that ;)

2 - What kind of "special" loot do you expect ? Loot is randomly spawned when you check a piece of furniture (except that some items can only spawn in specific furniture and not in others) so there's no predefinite "super loot" spawn. Then, you're asking for more realism, but unless what your "super loot" is something you can find in a mall, hard to conquer or not you should only be able to find items that are found in a mall ^^

3 - This has to do with panic, accuracy level, weapon's damage output, etc. Every swing you throw does not land on the zed's head. But yeah, it can take many swings to kill a zed. Do you charge your hits ? TBH I'm okay with the way this is working atm.

4 - I've read there are antibioticsto fight sickness or infection (not the "zombie" infection). Not a lot, but still. The other way is to stay  very well fed to get better quickly (healing bonus).

5 - Can't answer that lol. I think hunting books are planned, at least they are in the translation files. For the rest, I can't tell.

1. Sorry for that, I did not find this discussion.

2. For example...in the kitchens instead of spoons and forks and drinks and food, maybee a whisky bottle for making molotovs. Or instead of hammers, nails and ropes (in the storage room of a clothing shop) maybee an axe. So nothing special but more useful.

3. I know that all this affects on my hits but I just had little pain and my axe had a quarter of damage. I think thats to to little for hitting 16 times till (second) dead. ;)

4. Okay, I never find some, yet. I got the feeling, that the more I eat the more I get sick (and that's realistic too). At first it gives me a healing boost, but than it stops. And it was no Zombie Infection.

Thank you for your answer.

As for #4, antibiotics don't cure sickness. They only help against bacterial infections, not viruses. Using them when you don't have a bacterial infection just contributes to drug resistant super bacteria in the future.

Medicine would be nice though.