Suggestion a new injury/penalty.

D9sinc

I posted this on Reddit's /r/ProjectZomboid Subreddit and was told I could post it here so I thought I would copy/paste my suggestion right here and see what people (and hopefully the devs) think about it.

"Hello /r/projectzomboid[1] I came here today with an idea or suggestion for the sense of a more in depth game. A few days ago I sprained my wrist and honestly thought I could leave it alone till I realized that it made blue collar jobs a lot harder. I couldn't lift anything heavy due to the pressure that I would apply to it causing massive pain. I could barely grab certain things from drinks to large pieces of sheet rock, Glass panes, or cinder blocks.

So I had an idea to possibly implement this in the main game. I figured that you can sprain your wrist from injuries while climbing or even falling (as you would a sprained leg.) Having this negative status effect would cause you pain (possibly random) while eating or drinking or even slower process of it. You can't carry more then your character can carry (18 if you use the Strong Perk) and barricading/building is impossible and it takes 48 hours to fully heal. . . you know, if treated correctly by wrapping it in a bandage or splint to help keep it immobile, applying ice (or coldpack that comes in the Hydrocraft mod) to the wound to help relieve swelling and pain.

I know that it might be a stupid thing to include, but I feel that it could add a bit more depth and possibly have players be a bit more cautious.

Then again it could just be a stupid unneeded feature that I can fantasize about.

Thanks for reading my ramblings thus far hope you have a great day!"

Again thanks for reading and I do hope you enjoy the idea :)

I like this, in general injurys should have really negative cons.

Like you said, that with a spraind ankle or wrist you can´t do much. I would take it a bit further :)

Sprain/broken wrist - very slow climbing and high chance to fall, heavy works not at all (no 2 hand works like building/destroying/chopping trees etc.)

Sprain ankle - slow walking, carry weight cut in half, no running or heavy lifting

Broken Leg - very slow walking (with crutches as fast as spraind), carry weight cut 2/3

Scratches dependig where, no able to do specific stuff, like shoulder scratch and bandaged, no backpack, Hands only one handed work or so,

legs no running or a bit slower, head maybe headacke etc.

Cold pack is actually vanilla

Oh thank you I wasn't sure if it was vanilla :) knowing this makes it seem more likely since you wouldn't need to download a mod for this to work this way.

I like this, in general injurys should have really negative cons.

Like you said, that with a spraind ankle or wrist you can´t do much. I would take it a bit further :)

Sprain/broken wrist - very slow climbing and high chance to fall, heavy works not at all (no 2 hand works like building/destroying/chopping trees etc.)

Sprain ankle - slow walking, carry weight cut in half, no running or heavy lifting

Broken Leg - very slow walking (with crutches as fast as spraind), carry weight cut 2/3

Scratches dependig where, no able to do specific stuff, like shoulder scratch and bandaged, no backpack, Hands only one handed work or so,

legs no running or a bit slower, head maybe headacke etc.

I really like that thought I was thinking that with a Sprained Wrist you wouldn't be able to use 2 handed or even your secondary equip at all due to the amount of pressure on an injury.