Random (and not) locations outside of the main town

drNovikov

Life outside of the town is a little boring. I'd like to suggest some locations that could make outer lands worth visiting. A little randomness could add some replayability and unpredictability, even some quests.

1. Random car crashes and abandoned cars (including trailer-houses, police cars and ambulances). Those could provide players with some food, water, ammo, batteries, fuel, meds. Empty roads are so unnatural.

2. Random springs in the forest. I beieve there should be more water sources than just 1 well in 1 farm. Those water sources could emit some flowing water sound (to make them findable) and could serve as attractive locations for a settler.

3. Random "survivalist" stashes. I am sure every town has at least a couple of survivalist geeks who stash MREs, ammo, meds, water, weapons, etc. Important: the game could havefer players some hints. For example, when looting a house, player could find a note, a piece of map. Using that information, a player could find some really good items and scarce resources.

Infact you'll find that the game does in the long term plan to add a lot of these features. The metagame AI is far from complete and combine with the Director thingy they plan to add it should be a blast of random content. When NPCs arrive we can expect to see a new layer of gameplay and interaction emerge.

1. Cars and crashed etc are actually planned. Devs just haven't gotten to them yet, their more focused on NPCs.

2. Marshes have been or will be added in the long term and there are also rain collectors. I think their keeping the terrain as true to real life as possible (muldraugh is an actual town).

3. Once NPC's come in then we can expect to see their stashes lying around. Perhaps there might be gear as you suggest once basements are implemented. With NPC movements however, don't expect these kinds of stashes to last long. Not sure about this note or maps idea like finding treasure. It just leaves the question, why would someone want to make a make to a location their trying to keep stuff hidden? don't get me wrong I see where your going with it however it's still a question of plausibility for me. If I wanted to hide something valuable for when times get harsh I'm not going to make a map that could lead people to it.