Game Crashes when trying to talk in MP

emiliano0086

Question

12 answers to this question

What´s strange is that in an older version of the game the chat worked fine. I remember i joined a MP game just to try it, as i live in Argentina and most of the servers are in other countries, the lag was a big problem (always played with 300-400 ping) so i quit MP. Few days ago my brother and some friends got the game so i decided to join them. They had no problem, they could use the chat, but when i tryed to use it, bang!....to the desktop. That´s why it seemed strange to me, because i was able to use it with no problems in older versions. Any ideas?

Have to wait on one of the developers to have a look, Emiliano. Maybe something has changed in the way they're drawing it. :)

Can you do this, just so we get the exact exception when it crashes (there should still be something in the console):

Go to the installation directory of the game by right clicking on Project Zomboid and selecting Properties in the Steam game library then press the Browse Local Files button shown here: http://i.imgur.com/PFy0kmJ.png

While you have these options open, disable the Steam overlay in the General tab.

Find the ProjectZomboid32.bat file (blue gears for an icon, not a red and black egg) and double click it. Once (if) the game crashes, take a screenshot of the console and upload it to imgur.com, linking it here. This will hopefully tell us what's wrong. =)

(Oh, and just to be sure it's not just something wrong due to an update, go to the installation directory of the game then delete the files manually. Reinstall it through Steam to get a fresh copy.)

Hope it helps.

Yes, i play single player and no problems at all, and all the effects are set to low, the strange thing is that i can read the global chat and the game runs well, but if i press T or Y it´s freezes, drop me to windows desktop and some kind of warning appears telling me that the graphics card has stopped working or something like that. F***ing Intel integrated chipset.... i know the problem it has to do with that....

Take a look at the Intel control panel. Set everything to "Let the application decide," in particular make sure no options that "enhance" things are set.

If that solves it . . . the last few updates by Intel seem to have added some annoying things.

A bit weird that they don't list what GMA you have . . . I have the same computer (the Canadian equivalent), which ash a GMA 945 in it. It's one of the computers TIS tested to ensure the game would work on older hardware, so this should just work . . .

As far as devProcessAttach is concerned, it seems like a common error for the GMA series of graphics adapaters. The "solution" given is simply to update drivers, but with drivers from 2012 you likely have the most up to date available. :/

Because we can't identify the GMA version, let's try the update utility: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect You might get lucky.

Sorry for the late reply, Emiliano.

This is my laptop specs http://www.pcworld.com/product/1324028/toshiba-satellite-a505-s6005-notebook.html

I´m running PZ in windows 7. Unfortunatelly i can´t say which graphic card i have exactely, the only thing i know is the driver version of the intel graphics media accelerator is 8.15.10.1986 and the processor is an intel i3. Hope this info to be helpful

What´s strange is that in an older version of the game the chat worked fine. I remember i joined a MP game just to try it, as i live in Argentina and most of the servers are in other countries, the lag was a big problem (always played with 300-400 ping) so i quit MP. Few days ago my brother and some friends got the game so i decided to join them. They had no problem, they could use the chat, but when i tryed to use it, bang!....to the desktop. That´s why it seemed strange to me, because i was able to use it with no problems in older versions. Any ideas?

Archived