Admin/Multiplayer tools in singleplayer sandbox

Dan_hibiki

I was thinking that the sandbox mode could include an option to allow the use of commands, like the admits use in servers, since I created a "Building mode" preset, and I find quite annoying that I have to cut logs then get planks from them, I prefer to spawn them through commands. And also, test out bases by spawning zombies outside.

I know that this can be reached through mods, but it would be a nice addition to the vanilla game.

That's it, have a nice day.

I personally wouldn't like it. I get tempted too much if a game has a chance to cheat easily. And no, there's no use behind putting it behind a button that says "cheat mode" or "enable commands". I'll just press it. :( When it's behind mp I don't have that temptation. Besides you can already play mp-mode by yourself. I'm weak and I acknowledge it, but many good games have been ruined for me because of too easy cheating or shortcuts (ie. fast travel and the likes).

Minecraft is probably the best example for me. When I don't first succeed without cheats I usually rage quit and start a game with cheats saying to myself: "I won't use them, they're just there if I'm just about to die" aaand the game is ruined and I cheat all the time. I've had to download a mod that disables the button so I can play safely. Same with Skyrim/Oblivion and fast travel.

And I know many players who experience this. Not everyone is willing to say it though. :P I prefer to think that mods are a better solution for this.