Single player to Multiplayer

ranafuineluva

Can I use my single player character in a multiplayer game?

Can I use mods for multiplayer?

Also can I use my singleplayer save to host a multiplayer game?

1. Possibly, never tested so no idea.

2. Yes, the server and client both need to have the mod files installed and the mod must be added to the servertest.ini file. If the server and the client is both the same, all you need to do is install the mod and configure it in servertest.ini and load it up from in game.

3. I... don't think so?

Can I use my single player character in a multiplayer game?

Can I use mods for multiplayer?

Also can I use my singleplayer save to host a multiplayer game?

All three are possible. 

The first may be contingent upon the last, although you can make it work even on a server that isn't yours, I think. I'll have to test this.

Using your single player save to host multiplayer is simple, but zed spawns will reset. You copy your survival or sandbox save game folder complete into your Multiplayer folder, renaming it whatever your server is called (servertest by default). You can also copy it again into the same folder changing the name to 'IPADDRESS_Character_Name'

For example, if you run the server on the same computer on which you're playing, you can connect to the server using the localhost IP address, and say your character is named John Smith, the folder would be called:

127.0.0.1_John_Smith

Then you connect using the character name as the username, and all your construction, traits, and skills will be intact. I've tested this one. 

I think to use your character in a server you don't control you could do the same thing, but you should check with the people running the server. I don't know how it would handle construction, but perhaps traits, skills, and inventory would carry over. Like I said, this is one I haven't tested.

For mods - I believe that the server and all clients would have to have them installed for them to work properly ... dependent upon the mod, of course.

Hey guys. Thanks a bunch for the answers. I will try them asap.

I bought 4 copies of the game as a gift for my high school buddies who are now 35 years old :D Cant wait to play with them multiplayer.

If you're sitting there, and you seem to have a problem with the connection between eachother, just PM me :) There's not more annoying that connectivity problems :P Also I could help with zhrike's answers, if you can't seem to figure it out. Don't ask me why I'm willing to help. I just love to help. :D

Hey guys. Thanks a bunch for the answers. I will try them asap.

I bought 4 copies of the game as a gift for my high school buddies who are now 35 years old :D Cant wait to play with them multiplayer.

If you're sitting there, and you seem to have a problem with the connection between eachother, just PM me :) There's not more annoying that connectivity problems :P Also I could help with zhrike's answers, if you can't seem to figure it out. Don't ask me why I'm willing to help. I just love to help. :D

Thx a bunch I will :D