Bandages get dirty too fast, and no moodlet warning when needing changed.

unmog

Moved from bug forum, thought the bandages getting dirty this fast was unintended... my bad

-

-

-

Now I understand that time in the game moves quicker, but I timed it and a bandage at first aid rank 0 needed to be changed about roughly every 15 seconds~ Thats just... unacceptable. It's ridiculous. And since theres no moodlet to let you know when a bandage goes from clean to dirty you have to watch and wait for it keeping your health screen up at all times. Put it all together and it means you cant really go anywhere anytime you get a scratch because changing bandages is a grueling, time consuming chore until you're completely better. And since a bottle of whiskey only sterilizes two of them you will go through your alcohol ridiculously fast to give it a less chance of being infected.

With one small scratch I leveled my first aid to 1 just cleaning and changing bandages.It made reading the book completely pointless since it would have taken longer to read the book than it did just getting a scratch and changing bandages. I dunno what a realistic amount would be but Id like to think someone only has to change a bandage once or twice a day. And honestly a bottle of alcohol should probably be able to sterilize more than two bandages while we're at it. Especially since one bottle of water can clean several dirty bandages. Id think however many bandages you can clean with a bottle of water, you can at least sterilize with a bottle of alcohol. Especially since you can fill an empty alcohol bottle and make a bottle of water.

Oh, also, this probably is unintended but often times you create too many bandages from ripping up clothes. I get 8 bandages per piece of clothing. A bandage weighs 0.05, the clothes weigh 0.3, meaning all of the bandages weigh 0.4... if you rip up the shirt and the pants of a zombie you can get 0.6 pounds of clothes magically turning into 0.8 pounds of bandages. It would probably be best if we only got 4 bandages per piece of clothing, since there would likely be a little waste anyway.

Oh, also, this probably is unintended but often times you create too many bandages from ripping up clothes. I get 8 bandages per piece of clothing. A bandage weighs 0.05, the clothes weigh 0.3, meaning all of the bandages weigh 0.4... if you rip up the shirt and the pants of a zombie you can get 0.6 pounds of clothes magically turning into 0.8 pounds of bandages. It would probably be best if we only got 4 bandages per piece of clothing, since there would likely be a little waste anyway.

This is definitely intended. Item "weight" is more than just a measure of gravity on an object's mass, its also representative of how difficult / awkward it would be to store / carry the item. Oh, and all clothes weigh 1.0 when unequipped, equipping them is what brings the weight down to 0.3

Ah I guess that "maybe" explains why pistol bullets loose so much weight when put into a box. That was going to be another suggestion of mine, lowering individual bullet weight. Though honestly I'd just carry them in my pocket or something. I know the pistol uses some magazines and stuff when reloading isnt in easy mode but the wiki said it has bugs and issues so I havent tried using magazines and such.

Thanks for replying on that though. What did you think of the rest of the suggestion?

The timing of bandages feels right to me, although I admittedly play on a longer time scale. The amount of time between changing bandages can vary depending on random factors, so it makes sense that some wounds could bleed pretty badly.

It's also not really necessary to sterilize every bandage, just clean them with water, otherwise it's a waste of alcohol / disinfectant as you've noticed. I usually just disinfect as soon as possible after injury, and once a day or every couple days without ever getting an infection.

Oh, and you should try hardcore reloading again, it's been working much better in build 31 than it did last year.

Well I just noticed there was an update for me, so maybe they addressed the bandages dirtying super fast in this update.. I'll reply as soon as I get injured again.

Also, admittedly I wasnt playing last year, I just bought it a few days ago during the sale and have been playing non stop since the weekend. :)

Well I just noticed there was an update for me, so maybe they addressed the bandages dirtying super fast in this update.. I'll reply as soon as I get injured again.

Also, admittedly I wasnt playing last year, I just bought it a few days ago during the sale and have been playing non stop since the weekend. :)

I hope you like losing large chunks of time to games, cause that's always the case with PZ.  :D