Alternative Curtains.

Fortport

• Right click sweater, Rip Shirt. Obtain Ripped Cloth x2.
  • Craft four Ripped Cloth (depends on balance, I'll let developers think about it) into one Makeshift Curtain. May require Needle and Thread. Again, up to developers.
  • From Ripped Cloth you can make Ripped Sheets, which is currently in the game already.

First idea above. It's for making curtains from clothes. Next one!

• Right click Trashbag, Tear Trashbag, obtain Ripped Trashbag.
  • Right click window. Apply Ripped Trashbag as curtain

The reason for this suggestion is to add more of an alternative for looting houses at the very start. That may sound bad on paper, but think about it. If there were zombies around your house, and it's not safe to run out, covering your windows with things you improvised would be very cool.

It adds useful recipes that I still do not think are overpowered. Discuss!

What about stripping a couple sheets off the bed? In any house, you should find at least the fitted sheet and a regular sheet. I don't know if this should render the bed unusable though. Maybe later if they implement resting bonuses or something for the furniture you sleep on, it might drop your bonus a bit.

• Right click Trashbag, Tear Trashbag, obtain Ripped Trashbag.
  • Right click window. Apply Ripped Trashbag as curtain

I like the idea of blacking out the windows with trash bags, I'm sure it would work nicely. My question is this: why do I need to rip them? Are we splitting them down the sides to increase the overall area so they cover the whole window?

I think it would be ok to use them 'as issued...' if we get too picky on realism, i fear you'll have to have a hammer and nails to hang the sheets up over the window (as you really should). Then we're all hosed.