When I get this crash, I have to restart my computer to run the game again.

kev92

Question

This is a very minor problem. Sometimes, when my comp has already been on for a few hours, I try to run the game and it just crashes after the "this is how you died" part, with this appearing in the side window:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000000e672040, pid=5264, tid=3224
#
# JRE version: 7.0_25-b17
# Java VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (23.25-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ig4icd64.dll+0x92040]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

Shutting down or restarting lets the game run just fine again, but I wonder what might be causing this to happen in the first place.

1 answer to this question

That's an odd one -- maybe another program has a memory leak when it comes to graphics?

But, just in case it's PZ/Steam . . . go to the Steam Library, right click Project Zomboid, go into Properties, and disable the Steam overlay (its in the General tab).

You can also try disabling 3D models, shaders, and zoom in Options (be sure to press save), as these are commonly the cause of this error; however, it usually ends up that people can't play at all, not just an occasional crash. :)

Hope it helps.

Archived