zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState Crash

kryso

Question

Hello Guys,

I just installed a PZ server on debian wheezy and encountered a annoying situation. While my mate was able to connect to the server, I couldnt do that without crash. I am able to connect to other servers and am able to play singleplayer on my machine. So after I fooled around with tipps from the web, I figured it may be server related. Could you please give me a hint on how to fix this?

This is a excerpt of the pz server console, while I am connecting:

return code: 0*** SERVER STARTED ****server is listening on port 16261User kryso is trying to connect.Connected new client kryso ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262testing TCP download port 16262loaded chunks for cell 167,125 ms=374.13297loaded chunks for cell 167,126 ms=727.2651loaded chunks for cell 167,127 ms=178.0929loaded chunks for cell 168,125 ms=203.24287loaded chunks for cell 168,126 ms=370.78342loaded chunks for cell 168,127 ms=183.77261RecalcAll for cell 167,125 ms=2042.2502RecalcAll for cell 167,126 ms=962.33734RecalcAll for cell 167,127 ms=391.95425loaded2=[]finish loading cell 167,125 ms=1571.3921RecalcAll for cell 168,125 ms=297.2759RecalcAll for cell 168,126 ms=626.66113RecalcAll for cell 168,127 ms=336.48132loaded2=[zombie.network.ServerMap$ServerCell@12e194e2, zombie.network.ServerMap$ServerCell@17f58b1d]finish loading cell 167,126 ms=989.6459loaded2=[zombie.network.ServerMap$ServerCell@17f58b1d, zombie.network.ServerMap$ServerCell@4d11533d, zombie.network.ServerMap$ServerCell@2c6ff152]finish loading cell 167,127 ms=221.09204loaded2=[zombie.network.ServerMap$ServerCell@4d11533d, zombie.network.ServerMap$ServerCell@2c6ff152]finish loading cell 168,125 ms=209.15375loaded2=[zombie.network.ServerMap$ServerCell@2c6ff152]finish loading cell 168,126 ms=215.68845loaded2=[]finish loading cell 168,127 ms=226.796Connection Lost for id=0 username=kryso

This is an excerpt from console.txt:

using spawn region Muldraugh, KY1 possible spawn pointstiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions.tilestiledef: loading media/newtiledefinitions.tilestiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions_erosion.tilesLoading: media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/objects.luaLoading: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.luaALARMS: 85/1008 buildings have alarmsMAX #ZONES is 7java.lang.NullPointerException	at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1373)	at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:255)	at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:193)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

While this is an error.log in the PZ main folder:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)	at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)	at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

Im utterly confused and could need some help here. I get this crash if and only if, I connect to my server, which I recently downloaded via steamcmd. So its vanilla/unmodded steam distribution.

Fileupload doesnt seem to work, so I wont post long tl:dr of logfiles until asked.

I hope somebody can help me here. If you want specific logfiles, just name them!

Regards!
kryso

5 answers to this question

java.lang.NullPointerException

at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1373)

at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:255)

at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:193)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

It looks as though this error is happening when creating the player on the client.  You're creating a new player when joining?

I'm guessing the map location can't be loaded for some reason.  Are you using a custom map from a mod or just the game's map?

Which kind permission are mandatory for this?

Im under the impression that   %username%\zomboid\multiplayer is a path for windows. In windows xp I dont know of any permission settings for files.
To clarify:
The server is hosted on debian wheezy and works quite fine. My mate connected successfully.
My local ProjectZomboid runs on winXP and works just fine in singleplayer and multiplayer.

But whenever i try to connect to my own server I get the java exceptions from my OP.

I deleted the previous contents of %username%\zomboid\ completely, already. Reinstalled my local PZ, experiemented with some modified .bat files, tweaked this and that and confirmed that my installation works fine, except on my own server it is crashing everytime... as described above.
This server was installed as suggested by your howto on theindiestone.com and was left untouched after that.

What do I have to do?

This error happened on first join and persists since then. I think I count as a new player. I deleted contents of %username%\zomboid\multiplayer several times now, which (if i understand this correctly) qualifies me as a "new" player on connect. Could there be some files serverside holding corrupted info of some sorts?

It is the default map.

Could my spawnpoint be messed up? A friend suggested to add the directive SpawnPoint= to servertest.ini. I chose coordinates which are located amid a wide field. I'll try some other values values, just to be sure!

Okay, after the directive was modified into "SpawnPoint=0,0,0" I could connect without problems. Seems having it like "SpawnPoint=11742,8867,0" caused some problems for me. What I still dont get is why only I had this crashes.

What do I need to keep in mind, if I ever want to use SpawnPoint= again?

Archived