Zombie population(from normal to insane)

IronCoffins

Hello everyone, haven't played much since my new job at a foundry on 1st shift, now it seems I just eat and sleep after work, and there's been no time for zomboid lately. Anyways I noticed the 8 months after apocalypse, preset in sandbox, and I was thinking we'll if the zed populati

Sorry, on phone can't edit posts for some reason,(continue......if the zed population is insane after 8 months, does the population slowly grow to insane level, when set to normal. So when 8 months come around there would be insane amount, if not maybe it could be added with the zombie spawn feature, every 2 months more and more would show up, till it's insane amount.

I think what Iron is trying to ask is this: If one was to play the game on the default setting or any setting that starts at 0 months after and with normal population, will the game eventually add more zombies so that by the time you reach 8 months in, the population will have changed to Insane. he answer to that question is no. The population will never grow beyond what you set it to before starting the game. The zombie respawn feature will only replace those you already killed.

However adding some sort of sliding scale or something that will allow you to slowly amp up the population over a given time is a fantastic idea. I've always felt there needs to be more customization to Zombie levels than what we have right now. I feel more customization to zombie population will create many, many new ways to try and survive, Creating said feature about increasing population in intervals would take it even further, and go a really long way for those looking to find that their own perfect balance in terms of difficulty.

I know many say they don't want scripted attacks at X time after starting, but I've always enjoyed those events in other survival games and the first thing I felt was out of place when I started playing. Forces you plan better and not penalizes you more for not, which IMO is at the core or a survival game. A poor planner should have it much harder than one who employs strategy. As well as it forces you to move out of you comfort zone of over preparing (talking to you guy with 5 story fortress before he even contemplate stocking up on food/water) and make those hard decision on whats is needed more at one point in time. Its my only complaint about the game, is that you can wonder around for days watching the dead amble by and not suffer for it in the long run. 

Interesting that the count would grow considering you are the only survivor (In SP anyway.) that could be turned.

Well if you're referring to trying to keep gameplay in line with some lore (a tough balance at times admittedly, but I've always felt lore should take a backseat to gameplay), is it not feasible that later down the road the infection has spread beyond this small county and the dead from elsewhere have begun roaming distances for food?

I think what Iron is trying to ask is this: If one was to play the game on the default setting or any setting that starts at 0 months after and with normal population, will the game eventually add more zombies so that by the time you reach 8 months in, the population will have changed to Insane. he answer to that question is no. The population will never grow beyond what you set it to before starting the game. The zombie respawn feature will only replace those you already killed.

However adding some sort of sliding scale or something that will allow you to slowly amp up the population over a given time is a fantastic idea. I've always felt there needs to be more customization to Zombie levels than what we have right now. I feel more customization to zombie population will create many, many new ways to try and survive, Creating said feature about increasing population in intervals would take it even further, and go a really long way for those looking to find that their own perfect balance in terms of difficulty.

I know many say they don't want scripted attacks at X time after starting, but I've always enjoyed those events in other survival games and the first thing I felt was out of place when I started playing. Forces you plan better and not penalizes you more for not, which IMO is at the core or a survival game. A poor planner should have it much harder than one who employs strategy. As well as it forces you to move out of you comfort zone of over preparing (talking to you guy with 5 story fortress before he even contemplate stocking up on food/water) and make those hard decision on whats is needed more at one point in time. Its my only complaint about the game, is that you can wonder around for days watching the dead amble by and not suffer for it in the long run. 

Interesting that the count would grow considering you are the only survivor (In SP anyway.) that could be turned.

Well if you're referring to trying to keep gameplay in line with some lore (a tough balance at times admittedly, but I've always felt lore should take a backseat to gameplay), is it not feasible that later down the road the infection has spread beyond this small county and the dead from elsewhere have begun roaming distances for food?

That would be true but from what I understand the area is under military quarantine. But yeah having Zeds respawn is better for gameplay.

Archived