admin Stuff

Ezah Desaf

Hey, I've been playing for a while now and have racked up the hours enjoying myself. I became an admin of a server (fun times) and it's fun helping people but it's a pain trying to find out who did what and the logs only cover pvp, admin, and users. I'd like to detail some ideas I have had that may combat these problems.

My first suggestion is adding more logs such as, who started a fire and at what grid reference using the pz map system, that way an admin can see who's burning down the city's and act appropriately. Another suggestion is chat logs could be saved for local and global, thus making it easier to see who's giving grief to others and who's causing trouble. I know the latter part would be difficult and could possibly provoke a privacy issue eg. if someone gave away personal information such as their password.

The biggest admin myth I see people asking is, "hey ezah, can you tp to me i have a problem." We can't teleport anywhere and have to run to them, then there's the problem of trying to find them. This is especially difficult when they are in the woods and don't want to disclose their location on global chat. So suggestion number two: the ability to teleport or at least move instantly to different parts of the city to get to people faster or maybe a map with player indicators so I can find them and then make my own way there. This feature would be admin only of course.

The third and final suggestion is an easy to access list of items that can be spawned in a player's inventory so I don't have to root around in the script files and make my own list of spawnable items every time there's a new build out.

Thank you very much for reading this. Still loads of fun to be had.