frogski

Question

hi there, 

I'm running the [iwillbackupmysave] version with the following specs:

I7 4790K

GTX 780TI 3Gb

16Gb Ram

5670 x 1080 resolution

The game runs properly on 1920 x 1080 but as soon as I switch to my triple monitor setup it seems to create some sort of lag with the blackened area. It doesn't clear right away so you end up walking in the dark for quite a bit before it finally appears.

Same goes with entering and leaving a closed room. I've asked on reddit and someone said that they used to be able to run it without a problem with the previous version but now they do encounter the same problem.

PS: I've also posted it in the bug tracker

I'm running PZ with 4gb leaving 4gb rest, in case it hits heap size there won't be too much of a performance drop.

You can heavily boost your performance with Java options - what works for Minecraft works for PZ most of the time and gains a plus in performance

I'm running PZ with 4gb leaving 4gb rest, in case it hits heap size there won't be too much of a performance drop.

You can heavily boost your performance with Java options - what works for Minecraft works for PZ most of the time and gains a plus in performance

Except for when it doesn't and causes crashes and ruins the game instead =\

I'm running a system with:

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Yorkfield Quad-Core (Overclocked at 3.4 Ghz)

XFX Radeon HD6950 2Gb GDDR5

8Gb DDR3 (also overclocked)

resolution: 5760x1200

and I can attest that the responsiveness of the lighting engine is indeed poor on my set up.  I have to set the game to run at 2400x600 to get anything close to a bearable reveal time when looking in a new, unexamined direction or entering a new room.  Setting the lighting update rate and quality to its lowest settings seems to make very little difference at any resolution higher than 2400x600.

Archived