Learning NPCs

Jago

Hi there,

I'm sorry if that has been suggested before.

In several topics it was mentioned that NPCs will act like a real player. But will they act like a PZ-pro or will they start out as noobs? I mean, yeah, they have different behaviours, but maybe they could get negative invisible traits, that make them careless (running instead of sneaking, being loud, scavenging money).

If something bad happens a few times, like having attracted a horde, the NPCs loses these traits over the time, the same way you can loose the overweight trait.

Thus the longer an NPCs survives the more he will act like a pro player.

I think that depends on the NPC's personality.

He might have been a survivalist before the events of PZ, thus he is already a pro, or maybe he was just another normal civilian, that will run away and will most likely die if you don't take care of him.

Hi there,

I'm sorry if that has been suggested before.

In several topics it was mentioned that NPCs will act like a real player. But will they act like a PZ-pro or will they start out as noobs? I mean, yeah, they have different behaviours, but maybe they could get negative invisible traits, that make them careless (running instead of sneaking, being loud, scavenging money).

If something bad happens a few times, like having attracted a horde, the NPCs loses these traits over the time, the same way you can loose the overweight trait.

Thus the longer an NPCs survives the more he will act like a pro player.

yup, ever evolving NPCs would be awesome. If they don't make mistakes it'd be missing an essential part of survival. And if they don't learn from their mistakes is even worse. Though realistic it will take a lot more programming. Whereas pre-defined NPCs is more feasible. There really are no games out there that I know of that the NPCs are ever evolving, adapting, learning. They're all just sort of pre-defined, its easier.

There really are no games out there that I know of that the NPCs are ever evolving, adapting, learning. They're all just sort of pre-defined, its easier.

There was creatures (and maybe in the future grandroids) but it's ancient and awkward and demanding.