Game of Thrones RPG negative response

ianopolos

I never even heard of this game exist.

Just find it out before 2 days ago and it was years since it was made.

This game looks similar like Witcher or Mass Effect series and i like those type of games,

But this game received so many negative articles all over world and i have to disagree.

It wasnt even published on some gaming sites so people never heard of it.

Its not expensive 20 $ and game is really long and has good story but some female faces are so bad designed like its not 2013 year.

I hope they will make Game of Thrones 2 RPG and make it better graphics this time cause i really enjoy this type of game.

Apparently the story is good. I found that voice acting terrible tho and couldn't play it beyond the first 30-40 mins.

It does however answer some questions about the series, in particular an answer to one book 5 mystery that seems that GRRM put some stuff into later books that ties into it so worth it for those obsessed with the series to play just for that. Or you can spoil yourself if you don't want to play as I did.

Dance of Dragons + game spoiler:

Coldhands is Mors (EDIT: typo) one of the main characters in the game. This will not be revealed in the book series and is just a nice tie in to the game. Pretty cool, but doesn't make me want to play. Will prob confuse a lot of people who assumed Coldhands' identity is someone they know from the books :D

Coldhands is Mord, one of the main characters in the game. This will not be revealed in the book series and is just a nice tie in to the game. Pretty cool, but doesn't make me want to play. Will prob confuse a lot of people who assumed Coldhands' identity is someone they know from the books :D

Wait, what?!?

Nah, your trolling, or the game is plain wrong. I thought the game used fictional house names for a reason, right? It's not suppose to tie into the lore of the actual series although I could be wrong, just the impression I got.

So - When you say Mord, your not referring to Mord the jailer right? Because if so that's laughably wrong! It has to be!

Coldhands is Mord, one of the main characters in the game. This will not be revealed in the book series and is just a nice tie in to the game. Pretty cool, but doesn't make me want to play. Will prob confuse a lot of people who assumed Coldhands' identity is someone they know from the books :D

Wait, what?!?

Nah, your trolling, or the game is plain wrong. I thought the game used fictional house names for a reason, right? It's not suppose to tie into the lore of the actual series although I could be wrong, just the impression I got.

So - When you say Mord, your not referring to Mord the jailer right? Because if so that's laughably wrong! It has to be!

No I'm talking about the...

Nights watch guy you play in the RPG. Mors, that I spelt his name wrong :D he dies and gets brought back to life Red Priest styley.

So coldhands ISN'T Benjen Stark then?

Exactly. Though this should perhaps have been obvious since

Bran saw Coldhand's face and didn't recognise him.

It's kinda similar to end of season 2 of 24 where the Pres got poisoned with a handshake and it was never explained and he's fine in season 3, cause it was actually the story of the game. Kinda neat but also confusing to those who aren't aware of the game. :D

Nights watch guy you play in the RPG. Mors, that I spelt his name wrong :D he dies and gets brought back to life Red Priest styley.

Ah, ok, you had me going there. Mord... LOL

But according to the wiki for the game itself regarding canon status: "Although using actors, music and imagery from the TV series, the computer game also references events from the Song of Ice and Fire novels that do not take place in the TV series. In addition, the visual representation of locations such as the Red Keep and Castle Black differ from the TV series in many respects. For this reason, it is assumed that the computer game is not to be considered canon for either the TV series or books, but as its own self-contained entity. For this reason, information on the houses and characters from the game should not have its own entries on this wiki."

So with that in mind, I'm assuming the fate of Mors Wetford to be non-canon. Also it's pretty much up in the air in regards to what GRRM plans for Coldhands character. I say this because I noticed you mentioned that Coldhands identity will not be revealed in the book series (source?) but unless you have access to Martins inner thoughts, there's no way to be sure on this.

tl:dr - Mors Westford is not Coldhands. The Westeros.org forums would be in riot.

So coldhands ISN'T Benjen Stark then?

It's kinda similar to end of season 2 of 24 where the Pres got poisoned with a handshake and it was never explained and he's fine in season 3, cause it was actually the story of the game. Kinda neat but also confusing to those who aren't aware of the game. :D

I'm actually of the opinion that -

Coldhands is the Night's King

Ah, ok, you had me going there. Mord... LOL

But according to the wiki for the game itself regarding canon status: "Although using actors, music and imagery from the TV series, the computer game also references events from the Song of Ice and Fire novels that do not take place in the TV series. In addition, the visual representation of locations such as the Red Keep and Castle Black differ from the TV series in many respects. For this reason, it is assumed that the computer game is not to be considered canon for either the TV series or books, but as its own self-contained entity. For this reason, information on the houses and characters from the game should not have its own entries on this wiki."

So with that in mind, I'm assuming the fate of Mors Wetford to be non-canon. Also it's pretty much up in the air in regards to what GRRM plans for Coldhands character. I say this because I noticed you mentioned that Coldhands identity will not be revealed in the book series (source?) but unless you have access to Martins inner thoughts, there's no way to be sure on this.

tl:dr - Mors Westford is not Coldhands. The Westeros.org forums would be in riot.

Annoyingly I can't find the source but either the devs or GRRM stated that he'd added houses, and characters, into book 5 to 'cannonify' the game, and he went to the offices and was in some respects involved with the game, which started development way before the series began on TV, so hey. I've never seen this literally written in black and white but I suspect strongly it is so.

I may just end up getting this game now.

Only reason is because despite it flaws it sounds like it has a good story attached to it. What frightens me is the non-canon lore within has the potential to turn me into a bickering madman, the sort that sits in a corner uttering false prophecies...

Annoyingly I can't find the source but either the devs or GRRM stated that he'd added houses, and characters, into later books to 'cannonify' the game, and he went to the offices and was in some respects involved with the game, so hey. I've never seen this literally written in black and white but I suspect strongly it is so.

Well in that case I will definitely not take it for granted and assume its non-canon until GRRM comes along and firmly states otherwise. I mean, for such a character with a lot of mystery to him, I just don't see GRRM giving his permission to for it to be revealed in that manner. I think Cyanide just took a liberty with the character itself and used it for shock purposes. But if it were true, I would surely expect a lot of press over it at Westeros.org. I think its a safe bet to assume its Cyanide taking liberties, and Martin being a troll!

Missed that, to be honest - or possibly just assumed that he was unrecognisable.

Actually, I remember this part -

Bran doesn't actually see his face. He partially sees a 'shade' of the mans face, and establishes that he is indeed dead. But actually seeing his face, no.

There are some mods about Game of Thrones called

Medieval 2 Total War:Weteros total war and A Crusader Kings 2 Modification

But i really dislike game Game OF Thrones: Genesis which is RTS because i like only turn based RPG or action adventure RPG

The Crusader Kings 2 GOT mod is by far the best SOIAF representation in a game. Only thing holding it back is some bugs and the mod team's pace at which it fix's these bugs.

Anyhow, I've just been playing this GOT RPG game by Cyanide.

First impressions; dialogue script is very cammy and cheesy in some places. Voice acting isn't great, although its good to hear some of the actors from the show lending their talents. Too bad it gets ruined by really strong accents, such as a very strong scottish accent and one that really sounds like a dirty back-alley Dublin whore accent.. The game features a horrendous camera angle that is just unforgivable. Seriously, it makes me ill just to play this game. Fog-filled map does nothing to add to the game other than to confuse the hell out of a player. The levels are cramped and badly designed.

Regarding the story, it's the only thing keeping me tied to this game right now. Mors Westford is by far the most interesting character (and fun) to play. Alex (fancy pants? I've forgotten his name already) is perhaps less interesting, and its a shame that the game switches you from one chapter to another. I can understand the decision and it isn't necessarily bad, its just the way they gone about it. Sadly there isn't enough dialogue (despite how bad it can be sometimes) in some parts, characters are not explored enough and half the game is just trudging through very unsatisfying combat that you would rather spend getting knee-deep in dialogue events and shady schemes.

The diversity of characters isn't great either. Specifically with the Kings Landing chapters when you realize how comic book villainous the main antagonist for that chapter is, instead of the many aspects and dimensions that GRRM often applies to his characters.

However, the worse offenses are the ones only someone who's read the books, or watched the show in its entirety would notice glaring oversights regarding the Westeros lore.

Also, regarding the above statements about Coldhands -

I am more convinced now than ever that Mors Westford is not Coldhands. Even though he's actually a really great character, he's too non-GRRM as well as the fact that the Children of the forest have stated to Bran that Coldhands died, a long time ago... This takes place just at the start of Jon Arryn's death.

Archived