Ingame State update? Ruined my settings...

Ronarch

Question

I used PZServersettings.exe to set zombie behavior and number to make the game harder, and funnier for the fact that I have several friends fighting together.

Sometimes during the game, I suddenly found the zombies became obviously weaker and then I checked the server log it has one line "zombie.gameStates.IngameState update". (as the picture below)

After some experiences I believe this IngameState update thing resets my server setting, like the toughness and strength of zombies from strong to normal. 

It does not always happen but occasionally and I have no idea what triggers this update.

Of course I had not logged in the game as admin and done any such update.

Do you guys know why? How to avoid this thing?

Thanks for advice.

gamestateupdate.jpg

5 answers to this question

In Build 26 the SandboxVars.lua should be saved as Zomboid/Server/servertest_SandboxVars.lua.

The old way of doing things changed the game's file which I'm guessing is why your settings are being changed.

You can try this updated PZServerSettings.exe which will save the file to the correct place.

Dropbox mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmy8h3xc61s04bt/PZServerSettings.zip

PZServerSettings.zip

In Build 26 the SandboxVars.lua should be saved as Zomboid/Server/servertest_SandboxVars.lua.

The old way of doing things changed the game's file which I'm guessing is why your settings are being changed.

You can try this updated PZServerSettings.exe which will save the file to the correct place.

Thanks. However,

1) I cannot open the new execute. Do I have to put the file into the game folder?

2) I knew this change due to build 26 actually. I did create one more "SanboxVars.lua" and rename it to "servertest_SandboxVars.lua" and put it in the Server folder.

But now, I think I fix the problem, by simply use word editor to open the lua file and edit the numbers.

So perhaps it's another bug I notice, as I used PZserversetting.exe to change toughness, strength and other abilities of zombies.

All are changed to what I wanted (from 2 to 1) but only toughness stayed unchanged, still normal (2).

That's why I thought the reset of my change persists even after I reboot the server. The zombies always die so easily before I fixed the file with word editor.

Strange, huh?

That's actually just a bug for increasing skills -- someone likely leveled up when it happened.

Personally my server settings have been stable for the past four days, until I made the mistake of validating the game files, causing sandboxvar to default to normal.

That's actually just a bug for increasing skills -- someone likely leveled up when it happened.

Personally my server settings have been stable for the past four days, until I made the mistake of validating the game files, causing sandboxvar to default to normal.

I see...

Then I hope this bug will be fixed soon... coz this bug could be very very annoying

Archived