Zombies = Scary Again

bumblemore

Hi, been playing the new build a lot lately and I have only one thing to report:

Zombies are totally awesome now.

No more weaving in between hordes, in other words. I tried my old tricks of weaving in hordes and houses, and I was successfully followed. Followed into a house and mauled to death.

I don't know whether the developers saw my post or not, but it's great to actually be scared of zombies once again. Gives me a reason not to make noise or get attention!

I've also noticed that zombies actively break into houses on their own now as if looking for food! This is another great fix, as there is a constant threat which means I can't just hide in a house for months on end without making barricades!

Thanks and keep up the good work,

J.H.

Aah... things make sense now.

I played the game only total of 4 hours barely figured things out. Then update happened. I was wondering why I suck more in my past 3 characters. Even if you're careful with curtains, sheets, noise... you still wake up often to windows breaking and a surprise party downstairs.

Is there really no way to be safe now? My fav traits inconspicuous and nimble/lightfooted seem to be useless.

Should I skew towards the fighter traits like strength and thick skin and increased awareness instead of a runner/hider type?

Skew towards running, thick skinned, and outdoorsman.  You'll be running, fighting off zombies, and staying outside much more now after 32.  If you try to build a safe house, don't get too attached to it.  Maybe lightly fortify two, and run back and forth between them as the horde follows you and tracks you like a bloodhound.

Skew towards running, thick skinned, and outdoorsman.  You'll be running, fighting off zombies, and staying outside much more now after 32.  If you try to build a safe house, don't get too attached to it.  Maybe lightly fortify two, and run back and forth between them as the horde follows you and tracks you like a bloodhound.

Dangit. And I just found an axe and figured out how to barricade stuff...

(Edit: thanks for the tip!)

There is an easy way around the problem of zombies banging on player made structures and doors and windows in general. There is a storage facility in West Point south of Twiggy's and it got a chain-linked fence around it. Zombies don't attack such a fence and the building got no windows. Admittetly it got three doors, but two of them are within the enclosed perimeter.

If you want a safe place you got it. There is also plenty of loot around and the river aka water supply is to the north. Foraging and fishing get you through summer and simple bird traps through the winter.

Archived