New wilderness or keep the current one?

Necromatic_Corgi

New wilderness or keep the current one?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the wilderness reworked to have bigger trees, Dips in terrain, Realistic looking creeks, Fallen trees, Riverbanks ect.?

• New awesome revamped wilderness.
    • Keep the old one, With the trees that slow you down constantly.
    • I don't care about wilderness.

I don't think minefields would work in this game, Because it would be an instakill. While it could be cool, It's not fun, And the devs only add things that are fun. A mine or two around a military road block could be cool though ;)

It depends on the type of mine, but from what I understand military grade mines are meant more to maim than kill. Probably blow off your leg, but it's a survivable injury so long as you get prompt medical attention. I imagine the only purpose they'd serve against zeds would be turning a walker into a dragger.

Then again I can't remember where I got that information so I could be wrong for all I know.

I don't think minefields would work in this game, Because it would be an instakill. While it could be cool, It's not fun, And the devs only add things that are fun. A mine or two around a military road block could be cool though ;)

It depends on the type of mine, but from what I understand military grade mines are meant more to maim than kill. Probably blow off your leg, but it's a survivable injury so long as you get prompt medical attention. I imagine the only purpose they'd serve against zeds would be turning a walker into a dragger.

Then again I can't remember where I got that information so I could be wrong for all I know.

Got it in one. That's why landmines are pretty useless against zombies. they're designed to main, not kill. Think about it. Guy steps on a mine and dies. That's it. You can leave the corpse there if you're so inclined. However, if that same guy steps on a mine and has his leg blown off, you've got a lot more going on. People have to get to him and stabilise him. He needs medical treatment. It's pretty cold logic, but a corpse is a corpse. A wounded person requires dozens of people to save and care for them after the mine going up. It's all about tying up the resources of the enemy so they can't use them against you.

That's also why the number of crawlers would go through the roof in areas with mines. *shudder*

I just want more variation in general for the trees. Maybe different types of plants, flowers, etc.I think streams, paths, rocks and maybe the occasional forest house would really make traveling through the forest feel a lot less tedious!

I just want more variation in general for the trees. Maybe different types of plants, flowers, etc.I think streams, paths, rocks and maybe the occasional forest house would really make traveling through the forest feel a lot less tedious!

Don't you want to see dips in terrain and river banks? The possibilities are endless really, Fallen trees, rocks, leaves scattered about ect.

Don't you want to see dips in terrain and river banks? The possibilities are endless really, Fallen trees, rocks, leaves scattered about ect.

That'd be nice as well! I never really noticed the lack of mountains and hills until you pointed it out just now O.O

That'd be nice as well! I never really noticed the lack of mountains and hills until you pointed it out just now O.O

The wilderness is pretty bland isn't it? ;)

I hate to pull this card . . . but having them rewrite the way the game handles terrain at the moment and redo the full map doesn't exactly fill me with anticipation.

Really, it's great that the current forest doesn't do it for you, but the game is a work in progress. Like every other "we'd like more of . . . ." threads, the answer is always "yes, of course we want more," but in the practical sense, we can't have everything and have every hyper-detailed.