Public=false yet still listing in the public server browser?

Kiada

Yeah sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't? I'm trying to run a private server for stream viewers but for some reason my server keeps getting sporadically listed in the public server browser. When I log in as admin and run '/showoptions' it clearly shows 'Public=false' - as does it in the server config .ini file. 

I'd like for any stream viewers to be able to pluck the IP address from my stream and join us. What would be the best option for this that requires the least 'on-the-fly' configuration, preferably not interrupting stream to mess about adding people to whitelists? Not listing on the public server browser seems the better option.

I'm running the server on Debian Wheezy in a virtual machine after following the (manual) Linux installation guide on here. It's been running quite smoothly!

Any help appreciated :)

Yeah sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't? I'm trying to run a private server for stream viewers but for some reason my server keeps getting sporadically listed in the public server browser. When I log in as admin and run '/showoptions' it clearly shows 'Public=false' - as does it in the server config .ini file. 

I'd like for any stream viewers to be able to pluck the IP address from my stream and join us. What would be the best option for this that requires the least 'on-the-fly' configuration, preferably not interrupting stream to mess about adding people to whitelists? Not listing on the public server browser seems the better option.

I'm running the server on Debian Wheezy in a virtual machine after following the (manual) Linux installation guide on here. It's been running quite smoothly!

Any help appreciated :)

Might just be a bug with the server settings I'll see about pointing RJ or Kirrus towards this thread and see what they have to say about it. :)

I'll reply inline below:

This shouldn't be happening. Make sure you *don't* set a server name or description, that should help.

leave the server 'open' with no registration. All people have to do then is enter your IP (or domain name, if your server has a domain or subdomain pointed at it) in the IP/Host field, their username, and then connect. They don't need to specify a password.

Awesome!