Don't show the farming tooltip during combat

Tacking on, there's quite a few User Interface elements that seem... shall we say, suboptimal, during specific events?

Relating to combat:

1. Swinging a pipe, hammer, wrench etc at a window (no matter how large, and regardless of if it is highlighted visually) does not seem to be a reliable means to break a window. Right-clicking on the window and clicking 'break window' and having the character perform the exact same animation swing is 100% guaranteed to break a window. I understand players may wish this to be a specific event inside a base they don't want to damage, but it should be a toggle-option - as someone trying to fight a horde I don't want to specifically tell my character 'break this one window, right there' as my brains get chomped.
  2. Crouch 'yelling' seems utterly pointless from a combat perspective. You have to be extremely close to a zombie for it to work from behind, to the point you might as well just physically engage, and the probability is they will rotate and spot check you before then. It is much easier to stand far away and await a visual check from the zombie during a random pivot rotation they perform. It serves no purpose indoors either (E.G. as a 'is a zombie behind this door?' check) as simply standing up and walking will create sufficient noise for a zombie to reveal themselves anyway. What combat purpose does crouch 'yelling' serve?
  3. The default guns appear to be worse than useless. Whilst I get guns should not be overpowered to prevent a sense of 'easy mode', they have so many drawbacks they become unused in the early-to-mid game. They're essentially inventory space taking mobile zombie horde attracting noisemakers with fiddly bullet inserts. My recommendations would be as follows:
    1. If a gun holds less than 7 bullets, it should be a direct insertion (no magazine) gun. The MSR788 rifle, bafflingly, uses a magazine but only holds 3 bullets, which defeats the point of a magazine insert. It looks as if it is supposed to be based on something akin to the M1 Garand, but that uses clips (lighter than a magazine) and holds 8 bullets a clip. Even without a clip holding bullets, you can push-down insert bullets into the M1 Garand (the clip just makes bulk insertion easier). The trade-off is the risk of jamming due to the clip. The MSR788 is painfully impractical and would be outclassed by even a WW1 single-shot bolt action. TL:DR; get rid of the magazine requirement for MSR788, and if 3 bullets via direct insert is broken, use a 1 bullet chamber.
    2. If a gun is intentionally designed to be crippled (E.G. double-barrelled shotgun), don't make the superior counterpart (JS-2000) equally as available. What ends up happening gameplay mechanics wise is players will pre-emptively ditch the inferior weapon knowing they can easily obtain the better variant.
    3. If the goal is variety, give the variant a 'different advantage'. For example, the subtle advantage for double-barrelled shotgun 'in the real world' is you can load two shells at once, at the cost of clip capacity.
    4. Change the XP grind for aiming from 'how many zombies you kill' to a multiplier factor of 'how many zombies can you hit in a row, multiplied by the accuracy demands of the used weapon'. So for example, if you hit (but don't kill) a zombie with a single bullet rifle, this should earn more points for aiming, than if someone blasts a sawn-off shotgun into a crowd of zombies (at which point, that's not aiming, that's shooting fish in a barrel). The 'in a row' rewards players for taking their time with aiming their shots consecutively, rather than rapid panic firing, and would give early game guns a purpose (namely, aim grinding). The current meta of 'driveby shooting' is the opposite of 'aiming'.
  4. Weapon management UI is negatively impacted by having a disproportionately higher number of starting weapons attach to the singular back slot, and far fewer decent weapons attaching to the belt slots. Why does my noob rolling pin have to compete with the lead pipe I found for space on my back?
  5. Currently the following noob level items compete for back space (some make more sense than others):
    1. Saucepan, frying pan, griddle pan, rolling pin, guitar (acoustic, electric, electric bass), rake, leaf rake, lead pipe, pipe, garden hoe, keytar, tennis racket, badminton racket, spear (14 variants), garden fork [at least 31 by my count, or 17 discounting spear variants]
  6. Contrast this with the weapons available for the belt. The list is split into weapons you would actually bother to use, versus weapons you will generally avoid using, with the third list being tools that you generally don't want to use in combat.
    1. Hammer (normal, ball-peen, stone), wrench, pipe wrench, meat cleaver, knife (kitchen, stone), stone axe, plunger, ice pick, hand fork (maybe), trowel, hunting knife (not typically an early game weapon), axe (not typically an early game weapon except by luck chance) [15 by my count]
    2. Butter knife, fork, spoon, letter opener, scissors, screwdriver (maybe), stake, smashed bottle [8 by my count]
    3. Subtract: Hammer (except stone), wrench, screwdriver, hand fork, trowel [-4]
  7. This means noobs will have 11 'acceptable' (?) weapons for their two belt slots, but 17 weapons for their single back slot (basically, double the items and half the space). This results in a borked UI experience where a player has to manually micro-manage backslot weapons with their inventory perpetually open. Having far more starting backslot weapons also means they're going to be more frequently used in general, and conflict more often.
  8. This could be fixed in a number of ways: Allow more noob weapons (such as the frying pan and rolling pin) to also occupy belt slots. Introduce a second back slot. Increase the number of starting belt slot items that are decent in terms of damage that aren't also tools. Have the middle slot act as a "neutral slot" that can either hold one belt or one backslot weapon.
  9. Helmets are basically '100% protection' for the head, which essentially mandates their use. Firstly, not all helmets are created equal - a hard hat does not protect the lower half of a face, but a motorcycle helmet would. Secondly, the game needs to strongly impede visibility in certain types of helmet - motorcycle helmets have very bad side and back visibility, for example. Riot police helmets have better visibility compared to motorcycle helmets. All visor-based helmets would likely steam up and become hard to see out of over time, especially in certain conditions (E.G. cold).
  10. The game has no concept of "thick socks" as scratch protection (with the trade off being insulation/overheat).
  11. Gloves are oddly extremely rare, even in places where gloves would be common. A few examples:
    1. Police officers (conventional gloves used to avoid contaminating a scene with fingerprints; their car would also have gloves for same purpose).
    2. Welders (with welding gloves, much thicker than conventional gloves)
    3. Hobos (with fingerless gloves for warmth; useless for combat protection)
    4. Firefighters (with fire insulated gloves)
    5. Household (rubber gloves, used in washing up, not to be confused with latex gloves used by the medical industry)
    6. Powerline workers (insulating gloves to reduce risk of electrocution)
    7. Tailors (a white, flimsy glove used to make sure they don't scratch fabric whilst working; historians may also use something similar with books)
  12. I would also recommend making it so when wearing specific types of gloves (E.G. welders, firefighters, powerline) that guns with trigger guards become unusable (on account the gloved finger would be too fat to fit inside the trigger guard to pull the trigger). Guns that don't have trigger guards won't have this problem.

There's other subtle issues but I will save it for another time.