My friend disapears randomly

Copperlightt

Im playing in a server with 6 other players, (im hosting) and one of my friends just disapears in front of us, neither of us can see her until she closes and reopens the game

When she reopens the game we all can see her but in some random time she disapears again. This is a bit frustating for all of us.

1 minute ago, Beard said:

What is her ping on the server? Does she have admin privileges? And does the same thing happen on public servers?

Her ping is normal, like 6 to 10 ping max, she doesn´t have admin previleges and we haven´t tried public servers yet

I recommend testing a public server to check if it is a network issue on her side. I would also ask if you have any mods enabled and whether the issue persists without them.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:29 PM, Beard said:

I recommend testing a public server to check if it is a network issue on her side. I would also ask if you have any mods enabled and whether the issue persists without them.

We tested without mods and we had the same issue, she sometimes see a black border she cannot cross and sometimes don´t. We tested with a friend hosting the server and we think the issue was fixed, but when it´s me hosting the problem persists.

Im the one with the save and we don´t want to create a new one.

It would seem like there is a problem with  your network then for some reason not playing well with her connection.
You can go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid and move the db, Server and Saves\Multiplayer folders to your friends PC in the same location.
This way you will transfer the server save if there are no issues on your friends network.

6 hours ago, Beard said:

It would seem like there is a problem with  your network then for some reason not playing well with her connection.
You can go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid and move the db, Server and Saves\Multiplayer folders to your friends PC in the same location.
This way you will transfer the server save if there are no issues on your friends network.

I passed the world to my other friend and we had the same problem with her, i think the other world they made was just lucky she didn´t disapear because it´s fully random

That would mean there is a problem with the world in that case, could be due to the mods you mentioned that you had enabled?
Otherwise, it would sound like she has a network problem, I would recommend either trying a VPN on her side, or contacting the internet provider.

Could it be different zomboid version? I remember i had this issue too with my friend too, but there was other stuff going on too.

Like i could see some tents at forest, my friend was next to me but didn't see them.

I think we had mods installed,  one with trailers.

Haven't  happened after we got pure install of zomboid, stable version for both.  My friend upgraded his modem. I was host.

Edited by jeq

I only heard some connection issues with beta versions of the game, though it would not even let you connect to the server if you had the beta and the host had the stable version.

• 2 weeks later...

My friends and I rarely encounter a similar problem on different servers with and without mods. One player can become invisible at random times

---
Edited

Usually, we deal with the problem by re-logging into the server, or getting in and out of a car

Edited by IRorschachI