Footsteps sound Lua

AstrayCuriosity

Hello. I got a thought does PZ have file that is mainly responsible for different types of floor? I found SoundBanks.lua but it seems like an old file and doesn't do anything. I know about sound files my main point is to find what actually makes them work. We have some hidden snow footsteps sounds but they not used by the game.

After music update, it became clear that the main information about turning on the same music is based purely on FMOD project file. After spending a lot of time digging how to make music work with scripts, it became clear that without the original project from Indie Stone it was impossible to make a custom soundbank. So you can only change existing sound files without any way to manipulate scripts in FMOD banks.

Bypass FMOD by scripts? (music replacement) or FMOD Modding help?

Oh and yea, 60% of existing content is very outdated, what from content what from mechanics. So its pretty easy to be confused about whether this is involved at all or not

Edited by Unamelable

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2023 at 7:40 AM, Unamelable said:

After music update, it became clear that the main information about turning on the same music is based purely on FMOD project file. After spending a lot of time digging how to make music work with scripts, it became clear that without the original project from Indie Stone it was impossible to make a custom soundbank. So you can only change existing sound files without any way to manipulate scripts in FMOD banks.

Bypass FMOD by scripts? (music replacement) or FMOD Modding help?   retro bowl

Oh and yea, 60% of existing content is very outdated, what from content what from mechanics. So its pretty easy to be confused about whether this is involved at all or not

The file you mentioned, SoundBanks.lua, might indeed be related to sound effects in the game, but it's possible that it doesn't cover all the specific sounds you're looking for or how they are triggered.