Bypass FMOD by scripts? (music replacement) or FMOD Modding help?

Unamelable

I have a big problem where in the game you can not modify the music in any way except to change the .bank files. The problem is that after the OST update it became too difficult to make music mods. Since many elements of the game are "divided" and I can't just insert them. I have to replace individual sections like "intro, fade_out, bridge, loops". With loops it's a disaster. All the music is divided into bars, which makes modifying the music almost impossible, at least as designed. This approach I saw in Left 4 Dead where the theme is also divided into instrumental.

Why can not just "take and turn on the player over the game?". Because there are many moments in the game that perfectly fit the general atmosphere in different situations. But as I understand it was much easier for players to just come up with a True Music Mod and not even go into details on how to get around this problem. Or will have to create a separate Music Framework to be able to create music replacement a million times easier than now.

If in the case of sound effects can be bound by scripts (sometimes it doesn't work). But with music it will not work because now the slider with style change "early access - official - mixed" does not work.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Unamelable

I'm banging my head against the wall right now to figure out how to still incorporate the old music track system, as I really don't have the slightest desire to work with FMOD. The problem is that I can't change the parameters of .bank files. Simplify their structure, just make it usable and actually easy to mod. I'm just given a tool - Unpacker/Packer. I've already had a lot of mods where I just couldn't do everything to the end because there's something wrong. I'm sick of it.

Now I'm tediously digging everything that can be related to music. And because it's not SoundEmitter, it's extremely difficult to find a way of "fixed" names for the script. I can't find names like "SoundManager"; "MusicCombined" almost anywhere in lua. And everything behind the media folder is impossible to read. The maximum that I could do was to erase the sound_music.txt header. So that the music in the game in general ceased to work in any form.

sound MusicCombined
    {
        category = Music,
        master = Music,
        clip
        {
            event = Music/Main,
        }
    }

Of course, it is possible to create a separate full-fledged framework that will work directly with wav files. But I am a third-class modder, so this option is not suitable for me at all.

It remains to dig in the old builds of PZ and try to shove the old sound system, but I do not think it will do anything. 

- Just swapped script+bank from b40 to b41 and - it doesn't work. What a shame. Sound like its hardcoded or somethin.

- And yea i checked lua scripts too, they basically not touched since, maybe that old stuff.

I basically see 0 solutions for this situation.

Edited by Unamelable

As I understand it the game has no backing files at all that can be modified. I decided to download FMOD Studio to find out that in order to change the parameters of sounds you need a project file. Which is not provided by the developers, I'm left to point my finger at the sky and think how to reconstruct the bank file to make it work like the original MusicZomboid. I would be very happy if someone from the sound designers would help me in changing the music. Because now there are no guides about it (meaning FMOD Studio with Project Zomboid).

https://qa.fmod.com/t/recreating-someone-elses-bank-with-new-sounds/15978

Edited by Unamelable

• Unamelable changed the title to Bypass FMOD by scripts? (music replacement) or FMOD Modding help?