Cannot find any more annotated maps

Helio

After clearing Muldraugh of zombies, can not find any other annotated maps.

In Muldraugh zombies and gas stations, I've found some 40-50 annotated maps for many different cities, Muldraugh, Louisville, March Ridge, etc

Have been playing for weeks after that and, even looking into more than 4000 zombies, inside houses and Gas Stations in March Ridge and Rosewood, I can only find the usual maps, no more annotated ones.

Is there a cap on the quantity of annotated maps a character can find?
I am sure I did not find all maps there since I have been looking into other people's posts and youtube playthroughs and see many maps I do not have.

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted this bug/question 2 weeks ago and no answer until now.
Is there a cap on the number of annotated maps one can find?

I have killed 16,000 zombies now and only found 41 annotated maps.

Is this the limit? Or is this the totality of annotated maps created by the devs?

Edited by Helio

• 2 weeks later...

So, how many annotated maps should exist?

I understand it is a finite list, and I would like to know how many may I have lost.

I collected 41 anno maps.

I usually looted every single zombie I've killed, so I should not have lost any (or at least, not many).

Thanks in advance for responding.

If you're not getting any more annotated maps it simply means that game already spawned all of them, after which you won't get any more spawns. Annotated maps also spawn in car glove boxes. Perhaps couple of them could've spawned in wrecks (not burnt ones), which technically still have glove boxes but they are not accessible, or you simply missed a vehicle or two. Zombified survivors (found inside road horde event or sometimes in survivor houses) also have a chance to have them in their backpacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, that makes sense, wrecked car glove boxes I cannot look into, and I certainly didn't break into all cars to look, but in all cars I've accessed I looked into the glove boxes.

Anyway, the question stands. I would love to know how many annotated maps exist in the game, so I would know how many I may have missed.

On 1/13/2024 at 6:36 AM, Helio said:

Ok, that makes sense, wrecked car glove boxes I cannot look into, and I certainly didn't break into all cars to look, but in all cars I've accessed I looked into the glove boxes.

Anyway, the question stands. I would love to know how many annotated maps exist in the game, so I would know how many I may have missed.

As far as i know, every time you start new game, player gets random set of annotated maps to spawn, not all of them? Safehouses are not at same location each game so i assume same randomness happens with annotated maps.