[41.78.16] [Multiplayer] Duplicate or clone zombies spawning.

Bigly

Hello,

I have an error occurring where zombies wearing the same clothing are appearing or spawning in batches near our base. When I travel out in the world I don't notice this occurring, it seems to be where we are currently doing most of our building and storing.

I know zombies can be attracted to sounds so I was wondering if these were migrating zombies or actual spawning issues. I tried to search online and in the forums for an answer but didn't see one yet.

I don't know if I have a setting changed causing this or what. I also had the zombie spawning set to 0.0 originally but changed it to maximum last night just to try and stop the clone issue.

Using G Portal for hosting. CPU is at 0.07% and RAM is currently 6108 MB / 11264 MB.

Not using mods.

SaveWorldEveryMinutes: set to 2. I saw online that this could have an impact but I never changed this setting so I figured 2 was default and default was okay.

ZombieUpdateMaxHighPriority: Set to 50.

ZombieUpdateDelta: Set to 0.5.

ZombieUpdateRadiusLowPriority: Set to 45.

ZombieUpdateRadiusHighPriority: Set to 10.

Here are my settings for Zombie Config.

ZombieConfig = {
        -- Set by the "Zombie Count" population option. 4.0 = Insane, Very High = 3.0, 2.0 = High, 1.0 = Normal, 0.35 = Low, 0.0 = None. Minimum=0.00 Maximum=4.00 Default=1.00
        PopulationMultiplier = 1.0,
        -- Adjusts the desired population at the start of the game. Minimum=0.00 Maximum=4.00 Default=1.00
        PopulationStartMultiplier = 1.0,
        -- Adjusts the desired population on the peak day. Minimum=0.00 Maximum=4.00 Default=1.50
        PopulationPeakMultiplier = 1.0,
        -- The day when the population reaches it's peak. Minimum=1 Maximum=365 Default=28
        PopulationPeakDay = 150,
        -- The number of hours that must pass before zombies may respawn in a cell. If zero, spawning is disabled. Minimum=0.00 Maximum=8760.00 Default=72.00
        RespawnHours = 8760.0,
        -- The number of hours that a chunk must be unseen before zombies may respawn in it. Minimum=0.00 Maximum=8760.00 Default=16.00
        RespawnUnseenHours = 8760.0,
        -- The fraction of a cell's desired population that may respawn every RespawnHours. Minimum=0.00 Maximum=1.00 Default=0.10
        RespawnMultiplier = 0.1,
        -- The number of hours that must pass before zombies migrate to empty parts of the same cell. If zero, migration is disabled. Minimum=0.00 Maximum=8760.00 Default=12.00
        RedistributeHours = 24.0,
        -- The distance a zombie will try to walk towards the last sound it heard. Minimum=10 Maximum=1000 Default=100
        FollowSoundDistance = 60,
        -- The size of groups real zombies form when idle. Zero means zombies don't form groups. Groups don't form inside buildings or forest zones. Minimum=0 Maximum=1000 Default=20
        RallyGroupSize = 35,
        -- The distance real zombies travel to form groups when idle. Minimum=5 Maximum=50 Default=20
        RallyTravelDistance = 20,
        -- The distance between zombie groups. Minimum=5 Maximum=25 Default=15
        RallyGroupSeparation = 20,
        -- How close members of a group stay to the group's leader. Minimum=1 Maximum=10 Default=3
        RallyGroupRadius = 3,
    },
}

image.thumb.png.496e041939ba62ec6761c3e504d79948.pngimage.thumb.png.5151726bd65ea7f053298be8028aa30d.pngimage.thumb.png.7b893f020d0bcbdeb806d124ce5a81bd.png

Edited by Bigly

• 4 months later...

Having this problem too, did we ever find a cause/fix for this? I've found a few threads talking about it but they usually just wrap up with people saying it's caused by mods, even though the server I'm fairly sure the server playing on is 100% vanilla?

3 hours ago, Escape Goat said:

Having this problem too, did we ever find a cause/fix for this? I've found a few threads talking about it but they usually just wrap up with people saying it's caused by mods, even though the server I'm fairly sure the server playing on is 100% vanilla?

Does this happen on a dedicated server or in the coop session? Can you screenshot the issue and provide the server logs?