Unlucky Trait = Free Points? Just wanted to share my luckiest ~6 days loot ever so far

Conflicted

From zombie drops: 2x Katanas, 1x Machete, 2x Axes

1x Pickaxe found in one of the first garages I checked.

I have unlucky trait.  Settings are: 6 months later (one painful year settings) but with extremely rare melee weapons loot rarity.

Crazy.  That's all, thanks for your time :)

P.S. if anyone knows how much the lucky/unlucky traits actually affect loot drops I wouldn't mind seeing that.  Traits say +/- 10% rare loot but I don't notice a difference personally.

screenshot_21-09-2023_00-50-46.png

Lucky/unlucky barely change anything so unlucky is free points currently.

https://old.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/12eq1b9/the_lucky_trait_wont_really_help_you_find_a/

The TL;DR is:

Lucky/unlucky only make a difference (and only up to 10%, but never reaching that truly, more like 7/8%) for common items in low density areas, or extremely common items in high density areas. Meaning, probably the stuff that you already have too much of. Meaning, the effect is almost imperceptible, for 4 to 8 trait points.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 3:17 PM, Modin said:

Lucky/unlucky barely change anything so unlucky is free points currently.

https://old.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/12eq1b9/the_lucky_trait_wont_really_help_you_find_a/

The TL;DR is:

Lucky/unlucky only make a difference (and only up to 10%, but never reaching that truly, more like 7/8%) for common items in low density areas, or extremely common items in high density areas. Meaning, probably the stuff that you already have too much of. Meaning, the effect is almost imperceptible, for 4 to 8 trait points.

Thanks for the link, good to know how it works.

Archived