Trait Ideas

Here are some ideas for traits I made up.

(Negative: +2 trait points) Sensitive teeth: Eating refrigerated or hot food causes pain for a little while.

(Positive: -2 trait points) Jolly: Happiness boost from eating good food increased. Sadness boost from eating bad food decreased. Must be more bored to get unhappy. Unhappiness slowly goes away after a long period of time.

(Negative: +2 trait points) Depressed: Happiness boost from eating good food decreased. Sadness boost from eating bad food increased. Becomes unhappy from being bored faster. Unhappiness slowly increases after a long period of time.

(Positive: -1 trait point) Junk food lover: Happiness boost increased from eating junk food like pop, chocolate, beef jerky, etc.

(Positive: -1 trait point) Daydreamer: Takes much longer to get bored.

(Negative: +3 trait points) Oddball: Harder to make a good impression on NPCs (when they're re-added).

So, what do you think? I'll take any suggestions for more traits if you have any.

Clinically depressed?

I'd love to have some basic/common physical disadvantages like weak knees or tennis elbow etc. I could make a really old guy and make him be a former athlete with all kinds of injuries, but a really strong physique. :P The effects for weak knees could be eg. more likely to get hurt when overcumbered and more likely to break bones when falling. Tennis elbow could be getting hurt if too much swinging when exhausted/carrying too heavy bags. etc.

I love how there's so much potential for RP in the trait/profession and maybe-to-be hobby systems! It's just awesome how in-depth you could create your character. Or just go with the simple ones if you don't care for that.

What if there were mute or deaf traits added? They could rack up a ton of points, but being deaf would remove hearing completely, and being mute would cut NPC interaction severely unless they were particularly kind or inviting.