News Channels Are Static'd

dannyisdude

Ive been having the same thing happen every time i spawn too, ive disabled all mods but this still happens, not a major issue as i already know the lore but its strange that it keeps happening. no matter whether i spawn in riverside or west point, all the broadcasts are just static

• 2 weeks later...

Been researching the game and the tv transcripts, ended up here looking through bugs. 
I think I might have some idea why it happened.
The news transcripts only go up to day 7. So... maybe playing past day 7 triggers something in the game code and forces a state of permanent static in all future playthroughs?
The only possibility I can think of. 
You said the news stations were distorted, but what about other channels? are all channels distorted or are only some distorted?

Edit:

Possible workaround solution, no idea for sure though. C:/Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Zomboid is where the Zomboid save data is kept, so maybe deleting all folders and files inside it, then booting the game would soft reset it, assuming that my hypothesis on playing past day 7 causing a flag to trigger in the game code.
You'd probably lose presets, keybindings, all of that jazz, but it might reset the flag and let the news broadcasts play again.

Edited by YandereNoelle
more I wanted to say and felt would aid the discussion of the bug report