Multiple player controlled characters on single player worlds

Zombiologist

I was thinking about how there are plans on adding a lot more specialization in the skills, and I thought about how this might affect single player. I think it would be interesting to be able to have more than one character on single player worlds. When you "log out" of you single player world your character disappears just like in multiplayer, and you can "log in" with other characters who's locations, stats, etc are saved as part of the world, but don't exist in the world when you aren't using them. This would allow for specialization without sacrificing much for single player worlds or forcing the simplification of single player skill sets or OP single player characters. I think it's at least a decent alternative until NPCs are available.

Maybe, possibly when the time comes and NPCs hit the ground, we may have system similar to Survivalist:Invisible Strain, that allows switching between characters in your Faction and taking control of each one of them. It really depends how much control over the organisation inside the group the devs want us to have.